Dell 5490: Help need to finalise Mojave (almost everything works!)

frikeando

Hi all,

After countless hours of work, I have an almost functional system. 

My Dell 5490 specs are:

• Kabylake-R i7-8650
  • Intel UHD620
  • 16Gb RAM
  • 512 SSD
  • ALC256
  • USB-C
  • Intel Wifi
  • I2C Trackpad

What works:

• Intel UHD620
  • Battery Indicator
  • Sound (speakers, microphone, headphones)
  • Wifi (Had to remove Intel and installed a Broadcom one)
  • Bluetooth
  • Airdrop
  • USBs, both A and C
  • Webcam
  • VGA
  • HDMI (With no sound yet)
  • Trackpad (touch click, gestures, no physical buttons yet. Acceleration is not as good as Magic Trackpad is)

What does not works:

• SD card reader (I don't use this)
  • Mouse pointer, or nipple, or whatever its name is (I don't use it)

System Definition is MacBook Pro 15,2.

I need your help with:

- HDMI sound

- Trackpad buttons and acceleration.

- Any other refinement and inconsistency you see on my configuration.

THANKS!

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

• Administrators

Refer to my guide for the Latitude 7490 which has identical specs. Clover pack was built from JakeLo's for a 5590 I think.

You should have HDMI audio OOB if you install latest AppleALC + Lilu and inject layout 11 which you're not right now.

No expected improvements for TouchPad for the time being, I2C interface oblige...

Realtek RTS525A card reader is also a dead-end at the moment.

Your Clover config would gain from a little clean-up, especially the removal of those ATI + Nvidia properties injection...

Thanks for your feedback. I tried that guide, but it did not work. I had an ACPI error at boot. I attach screenshot.

If I change inject layout to 11, I lose headphones support, which I use a lot. Headphones microphone does not work either way.

Trackpad is the most troublesome here, as there is some lag at the movement and it makes the experience worse. I use a Magic Trackpad instead. The Magic Trackpad has no lag, I don't know why the Dell trackpad has.

Regarding Clover, I will remove those ATI+NVIDIA properties. Anything else you see I can improve here?

Thanks again.

img.jpg

I keep working on that package on the guide you kinked before. Now it works (I added my patched DSDT overwriting yours). It boots, I have HDMI audio, VGA, headphones, everything BUT mouse movement.

The mouse pointer moves let say two inches on the screen, it stops. I move it again and it stops after a few movements. This is the only thing I am missing.

• Administrators

As I clearly stipulated in my guide, this ALPS I2C Touchpad works poorly at the moment. I need to look into this. I don't know if it requires more development or simply adjustment/tuning through the plist. Other than the movement, it seems to work fine: 2-finger tap for contextual (right button click) menu, tap clicking, 2-finger scrolling, etc.

In the clover folder I attach, the trackpad works good when it comes to movement (acceleration could be improved, but you can work with the computer) and gestures. What do nor work are the physical buttons. Maybe there is something you can add to your configuration so the mouse pointer behaves better.

• Administrators

Are you talking about the EFI attachment of post #1? The I2C kexts inside appeared a little different than those I got from Jake's original pack: same version but different kext size. I used them and Touchpad movement is now perfect, the rest being the same (buttons and TrackPoint not working).

Yes, I talk about that EFI attachment. As you can see, touch movement is good.

What I try to say is:

• Your EFI is better that mine, except the trackpad movement.
  • My EFI is better only for the trackpad movement.
  • Can you implement my trackpad movement into your EFI? We would have best of both worlds.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, golosin2 said:

[...]

• Can you implement my trackpad movement into your EFI? We would have best of both worlds.

Isn't it what I just wrote?

NB: No need to quote every message you directly reply to. In fact, it's quite annoying...