Dell Latitude E6530 Mojave(10.14.4) did not detect Trackpad

npyadav1

Hi All 
Anyone help me Dell Latitude E6530 Mojave(10.14.4) did not detect Trackpad. but swipe gesturer (1 finger swipe , 2 finger swipe, 3 finger swipe ) working fine but single tap or double tap

not working. And no Trackpad found in system preferences pls check attached image. 
Please help me for this.  

Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 10.21.34 PM.png

• Administrators

It will if you install or inject Dr Hurt's VoodooPS2Cntroller R6 compiled by Bronxteck. Look it up on p1 of Dr Hurt's PS2 controller kext thread in R&D->Kexts section.

I'm having the same problem as OP.  VooDooPS2 by RehabMan works, but it acts as a mouse in the Preferences, not a trackpad (though, the gestures do work as far as I can tell).

I installed VoodooPS2Controller R6 by Bronxteck as per the suggestion of a post elsewhere on this forum.  Good news is that the trackpad is now showing as a trackpad.  Unfortunately, the pressure sensitivity is way too low on the touchpad for most actions.   For example, just moving the cursor takes a considerable amount of pressure on the pad.  Same with scrolling with 2 fingers.  However, for the 3-finger gestures to change desktops, expose apps, etc the sensitivity is fine.

The speed is also quite low, even at full "fast" tracking speed, it moves quite slowly compared to what I'd like.

Dell Latitude E6330 with Alps V3 Touchpad.

How can I increase pressure sensitivity?  I've looked around these forums and other places and come up empty.

• Administrators

Really? I found no particular issue on that front but maybe I have a more masculin touch on the TrackPad! 😆

You can always try to adjust the Info.plist parameters (tresholds, ZLimit, etc.) of the VoodooPS2TrackPad PlugIn of the kext. You may also compare them with Rehabman's kext and see if there is an obvious difference somewhere.

Do not forget you can also adjust some settings through the... TrackPad PrefPane of course!

Sorry, I was editing my post apparently as you were replying.  I was not quite specific enough.  Sensitivity is fine for some things, too low for others.

Edit: I think I may have spoken too soon.  Now it's not showing as a trackpad anymore, but as a mouse.  Really getting annoyed with this, as this is basically the only issue I'm really having with my Hackbook and this problem has plagued me since Sierra 😕