E6530 Mojave Post Installation

nathanh0

4 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Fn+F3 & Fn+Insert for brightness control

Sadly no effect at all.

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

You may also try the DSDT patch that re-assigns keys properly on the E6230. It may apply to the E6530 too.

Installed the kext, still no control over LCD brightness.
Moreover, the touchpad sensitivity decreased a lot - needed slightly harder touch to move the cursor.

Perhaps there's an another way to get USB working? When installing OP's EFI dump, everything works flawless - except for USB.

@Tritius I can confirm brightness controls are not working; but I have not tried any of the suggestions by Jake and Herve.

Brightness controls on this model are FN + Up/Down keys.

Honestly I'm fine with the brightness being full blast, I have mine hooked up to an HDMI 65" LED 4K, but yeh eventually brightness might be an issue.

As a side note, it may be possible to find a brightness control somewhere in system preferences or perhaps a third party app. 

I always thought brightness would go through the BIOS not the OS - but this is a really really small issue compared to having so much other things working.

I hope you find a solution!

@Tritius  My USBs started working with the updates Jake Lo gave me.

I have attached a copy of my EFI of my laptop from the EFI itself of the laptop, maybe it will help.

If it works out, I highly recommend throwing a donation towards Jake Lo for finalizing, they are awesome!

Good luck!

E6530-EFI.zip

• Like 1