New FakeSMC

Slice

FakeSMC latest version is 3.1.0.

New version proposes to you temperature and FAN monitoring.

Full explanation here

New version here

And a question about MacModel. Why MacBookAir? It has x3100 graphics and Merom CPU while 4x0 has GMA950 and Yonah CPU.

The MacBook1,1 looks to be the best choice.

And we need to correct IOPlatformPluginFamily for the model

MacBook1_1.plist.zip

Some corrections for Yonah and Merom CPU

IntelCPUMonitor.kext-rev480.zip

In dropbox I see more correct DSDT.

Here is my corrections. Test before place

I have tried your corrections. Few comments/questions:

- I like what you did with OSID method - nice and simple now. I was impersonating Windows 2006 as Darwin before.

- Can you tell me what is the purpose for moving those three IO's from MB2 to PIC device?

- I have tried the FSAM device with your ACPIMonitor but this worked for a while (extra cpu heat sink in sensors) and stopped.

- I see Airport Card sensor with no value - strange post-3-006917600 1295904416.png

I have tried your corrections. Few comments/questions:

- I like what you did with OSID method - nice and simple now. I was impersonating Windows 2006 as Darwin before.

- Can you tell me what is the purpose for moving those three IO's from MB2 to PIC device?

Dunno why Dell create that strange MB2 device. Looks like a mistake. Moreover IRQ0 here is a mistake preventing HPET to works. But HPET is not needed for Windows so Dell is not careful.

I previously did the same move for my Dell Inspiron and got many improvements.

IO port 0x20 is on first IPIC chip, 0xA0 on second, and 0x4d0 is trigger edge/level interrupts. So they are definitely relies to IPIC device.

- I have tried the FSAM device with your ACPIMonitor but this worked for a while (extra cpu heat sink in sensors) and stopped.

- I see Airport Card sensor with no value - strange Screen shot 2011-01-24 at 10.26.09 PM.png

I am not clear how you get Airport sensor (TW0P key). It appears in Info.plist? Also strange why ACPIMonitor stopped. First time it happened.

May be better to do

Method (TCPU,  0, NotSerialized)  // read value
				{ 
                                               Store(\_TZ.THM._TMP, Local0)
					Return (Local0)
				}

May be better to do

Method (TCPU,  0, NotSerialized)  // read value
				{ 
                                               Store(\_TZ.THM._TMP, Local0)
					Return (Local0)
				}

Just tried it and now I see no Airport and only one CPU sensor. Tried both combination ACPIMonitor + IntelThermal and ACPIMonitor + IntelCPUMonitor.

Right now I'm using ACPIMonitor + IntelCPUMonitor cause I get the extra voltage sensor.post-3-019154400 1295908805.png

Just tried it and I see this strange (-) value Screen shot 2011-01-25 at 12.19.02 PM.png

This value should be GPU temperature that you have no. We may set some fixed value by FakeSMC.info.plist: TG0D = 25.

And the window correspond to FAN regulator so don't look in it.

I think these several posts are offtopic and must be moved to separate thread like FakeSMC monitoring.

• Administrators

Hi,

It just stroke me why we dident goto FakeSMC 3.x to begin with... look here....

PastedGraphic-1.jpg

iStat shows 33c while coolbook shows the correct 49c...

Slice / Marirusz / Anyone, got any idea howto fix that ?