D620: bluetooth headphones pair ok, but won't connect

cristoslc

I have a D620/Nvidia running 10.6.8 and EDP 1.9.2. Bluetooth seems to pair fine (my headphones switch from "discovery" mode to normal "paired" mode) but when when I use the bluetooth system prefpane to "Use as Audio Device", it gives the error "Bluetooth audio failed."

I'm not sure how to debug this further. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Just replaced it with a dell bluetooth 360, rebuilt EDP 1.9.2, and did all the usual post-build crap that is mysteriously needed (boot -x -f -v, touch extensions, boot -x, touch extensions again, boot -v, offer up ceremonial prayers, etc). Mono works (as bluetooth headset) but although stereo (bluetooth headphones profile) is listed, it doesn't work correctly.

The device is a pair of Rocketfish bluetooth headphones, RF-MAB2. Looked around a bit, can't find reliable reports of other users (hackintosh or fanboys) with the same issue. Any further ideas?

Thanks!

works well on my motorola headset. is there a firmware update for your headset?

No firmware updates (support page: http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/mobile-phones-gps/RF-MAB2.html?supportTab=open)

I'm going to try to find another set of bluetooth headphones to test with.

Is your motorola set a pair of headphones, or just a regular headset? The headset function (microphone + mono audio) is working fine; it's the headphone function (stereo audio) that I can't get working.

• Administrators

no there headphone plus headset it does both.... so you can listen to music from your iPhone and also talk if you get a call... weird to have a conversation in stereo... lol maybe you have to play with the settings for BT or audio? check in midi setup too just in case.