Hackintosh + Clover + Bootcamp utility

grui

Hello,

On a Laptop (DELL E7470) having :

• Hackintosh installed through an APFS parition
  • Wndows 10 installed through a NTFS partition on the same disk than the Hackintosh
  • The 2 system are starting right now thanks to clover with an EFI partition (UEFI system)

I want to :

• delete the Windows 10 partition to free disk space
  • extend the current mac OS partition to the maximum available disk space (so the macos parition space  + the deleted windows disk space)

I tried to use Disk Utility to do so but it did not permit to extend the root macos APFS partition.

I saw a utility named bootcamp. When I start it, it is saying to me that is it possible to delete the windows partition and to extend the root APFS macos partition in consequence. This is exactly what I want to do but I have a little fear : does this modification run by bootcamp will alter the current working Clover bootloader ? Will my hackintosh system start as before after this modification ?

Thanks

• Administrators

it will probably wipe out your EFI partition so just back it up to a bootable usb. if it does wipe out your EFI then you can safley boot off of the USB then transfer it back to your efi partition once you are back in the OS.

run a test boot first off of the usb after backing up just to be double safe.

Hello,

Finally I tried and... it removed successfully the windows partition but... without increasing the size of the MACOS partition.

As the Macos partition is located at the end of the physical drive partition map.. .I think that moving this partition and increasing it is impossible.

Anyway, I create a macos extended partition with the windows partition freed space. It will be used in addition of the main MACOS partition.

Thanks

• Administrators

Yes, partitions are usually reduced or increased from their end not their beginning. Unless there are specific tools that allow to basically "move" a partition, it's impossible to free-up disk space ahead of a given partition to give the recovered disk space to that partition.

What you'd have to do now is clone your existing partition onto the 1st/new one and then, you'd be able to delete that initial 2nd partition to recover the disk space and re-allocate it to the 1st one on disk.