Mojave install on a DELL Precision M4800 ?

rjjd

Hi all,  I got my hands on a DELL Precision M4800  

Specs: CPU Intel  i7-4710 MQ Quad core 2,5 GHz (Haswell) with HD Graphic 4600 intern 16GB memory 1600Mhz DDR3L,  15,6   UltraSharp FHD 1920x1080 screen, 256 GB SSD , Intel wireless card ( I will not use this)   AMD Firepro M5100w 2GB memory GDDR5

I want to use this laptop for video editing in replacement of my MacBook Pro 2009.

is this possible with this configuration?

Can someone help me out with a working guide for this laptop?

Thanks,

Edited by rjjd

Hi , no worries about the wireless internal card. I will disable it in the bios and use a external USB dongle with worked with all my previous other hackingtosh laptops 620. 630 and 830. My concern is the graphics card. I intent to use this laptop for video editing and if this is not possible then i have to look for another laptop which will work  . My present macbook pro 2009 is getting sadly  to old for editing stuff 

Hi rjjd,

I have the same machine that I use for my desktop. Given how bad Windows has become with spying and the fact that the Linux desktop still isn't there graphically speaking, I've been looking at switching my desktop to OSX. 

I found this link that has some advice and kext's for the M4800:

https://github.com/phen0menal/m4800-hackintosh

Keep in mind that the Precision M4800 and the Precision M6800 are essentially the same machines, so you can use how to's for the M6800 to help you along also.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291117-how-to-make-radeon-desktop-or-mobility-be-working-by-using-clover/?page=5

(EDIT) If you do get everything working, please let me know what files you used.... this will save me a HUGE amount of time later! ;)