Wifi not working with DW 1820A

grui

• Administrators

Very strange because you clearly have the DW1820A 0VW3T3 model which works fine for most people... Yet, the behaviour you describe is that encountered with the 08PKF4 model or the Foxconn T77H649 model. I'm at a loss...

You've cleaned up the kexts duplication but kept FakeSMC only in E/C/k/O, so you're still injecting kexts.

Copy the following kexts to /L/E, repair permissions and rebuild your cache:

• AppleBacklightFixup.kext
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (is it really needed?)
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • NoTouchID.kext
  • USBPorts-E7470.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

Remove the following kexts from E/C/k/O:

• SMCBatteryManager
  • FakePCIID

You may also try the following Clover config where I've made a few adjustments to the ACPI section and, as a test, changed SMBIOS to MBP15,2 which is what I'm using without issues with the DW18120A 0VW3T3.

config.plist.zip

Nothing else to offer, sorry.

Hi,

After trying your proposition, I think I have to give up. I have a non deterministic behavior with the boot and the continuous running of macos with WIFI activated.

I find out something strange in the label pasted on the hardware. The MAC ADDRESS of my DW1820A does not start like the picture you post that represent the DW1820A 0VW3T3 model, this is abnormal. It means that the organisationally unique identifier is different... So there is probably different manufacturer of the DW1820A 0VW3T3 model.

I will post here a picture of my DW1820A in order for the future people to be warned about the 0VW3T3 model to avoid.

Do you advise another M2 pci card ?

Thanks

Ok, I pushed more the investigation, by removing the label on the hardware I discovered that it is in fact a BCM94356ZEPA50DX_2 chipset...

The ebay page was indicating that it was a BCM94352Z which is not the case. I opened a claim for this seller. It sounds like BCM94356ZEPA50DX_2 is a more recent chipset than the BCM94352Z. Great for WIndows or Linux users but not for our Hackintosh world.

IMG_0276.jpg

Hervé thanks for all, I am ordering now another unit from another seller. Hoping the chipset will be the right one this time.

• Administrators

The seller was wrong to advertise it as a Broadcom BCM4352, I guess he did not know any better. Those cards are definitely BCM4350 chipset despite the BCM94356xxxx label at the back of them (that's illustrated in my guide).

OUI 30:52:CB belongs to Lite-On just like other OUIs such as C8:FF:28 or 74:DF:BF. Nothing wrong with your MAC address.