A few Problems with E6440 High Sierra

magnitu

Hello everyone and thank you for being there.
I have a Dell E6440, BIOS A23, i5 4310M, ONLY Intel HD 4600, 1HDD, 1SSD, and one mSata SSD.
I followed the @Jake Lo instructions for creating and installing Hi Sierra 10.13.6. I used the @Jake Lo bootpack for E6440_HD4600_Only_A21.zip. Installation on mSata was easy. Now I have a few questions / problems.

1. Sleep does not work correctly. When using FN + F1 or the Apple menu ~ sleep. The screen turns off, but the fan continues to work and the HDD indicator also blinks constantly. After that, it does not come out of sleep at all, only sometimes I try to press everything on the keyboard, it wakes up like that. It is important that after that the sound also disappears.

2. Also, the settings for the brightness of the display after a reboot are not saved.

3. HDD is constantly blinking disk access indicator.
four.

4.Almost constant fan noise is irritating..

I attach the necessary files, I really hope for help.

debug_16173.zip Extensions.zip EFI.zip

• Administrators

Fan noise/permanent spinning is not specific to OS X/macOS. It's the same with other operating systems such as Windows and I believe it results from recent BIOS updates.

• Like 1

I found this on the forum from @Jake Lo E6440_HD4600_HotPatch.zip I replaced the contents and now go to sleep automatically well, but Menu Apple→Sleep mode still not working. 

I also noticed that in all the mentions and manuals of the E6440 is used i5 4300. I have i5 4310. Does it matter? 

I was thinking of creating an SSDT for my configuration, but faced with the fact that in the folder(E6440_HD4600_HotPatch.zip) I mentioned there were many different SSDTs. But ssdPRGen.sh creates only two files. 

And why HWmonitor may not work? It reads only the temperature of the disks.

I understand that I may not look educated, but help me. P.S. sorry for my english.

• Administrators

CPU model does not matter, except in the the case where you would try to re-use the CPU-related power management SSDT of another CPU. That would not work.

Now, don't get confused. Pike R Alpha's SSDT generator script is ONLY for CPU power management. Nothing else. So, if you wanted to modify other items such as USB ports or dGPU via SSDT, you need to create/add further tables.

HWMonitor works with FakeSMC plugins. There are several of them:

• ACPISensors
  • CPUSensors
  • GPUSensors
  • LPCSensors
  • SMMSensors

to name those that accompany Rehabman's latest versions of FakeSMC. These plugin kexts can be located alongside FakeSMC or inside a PlugIns subfolder within FakeSMC. If you only have a subset of them, the info displayed by HWMonitor will be reduced accordingly.

• Like 1