DW1820a - the general troubleshooting thread

muttonhead411

• Administrators

@wtv1234, yes, you inject the compatible statement through the Clover Properties injection, otherwise, the Brcm4360 kext won't load since PCI id 14e4:43a3 is not natively supported by that kext. Basically, in order for the Brcm4360 kext to load, you either inject the compatible statement as per my guide or you manually patch the kext's Info.plist file to add the PCI id of the card. Obviously, former is easier and more sustainable than the latter.

• Administrators

Which is basically the same as what I experienced with the Foxconn T77H649.... All in all, the only model which really appears to work perfectly is the 0VW3T3 model with subsystem id 1028:0021. The others simply aren't reliable.

Finally had DW1820A working in my build.(Everything but Unlock with Apple Watch Feature)

I taped several pins but I don't think they really matter.

Spoiler

5cf5b094154fc19985.jpg

Specs:

a. DW1820A(08PKF4), 1028:0023.

b. Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX.

Configs:

a. Boot: brcmfx-driver=1.

b. Devices: compatible with pci14e4,4353.

c. Kexts: AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext add to C/K/O.

d. Make sure the USB port for the BLE was configured to Internal.

@Hervé Does your 1028:0021 (part # CN-0VW3T3) card support Auto Unlock feature? I read your post and didn't find a screenshot here.

image.png.01a6d049effdbdc15edb953fc04be737.png 

image.png.378d77986b055520c914c57d1adf5009.png

I put everything in C/K/O, nothing elsewhere.

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

• Administrators

@muttonhead411, there is no specific kext other than optional AirportBrcmFixup. The rest is totally vanilla, that's the idea... To date, there's nothing else known to get those cards to work. It'd be fair to say that we need @Naidis to confirm if the card keeps working after over 1hr or not with AirportBrcmFixup kext + brcmfix-driver=1 boot option.

@Naidis, no such thing as this "Auto Unlock" option/feature listed for my DW1820a CN-0VW3T3.

Well, before posting, I've been using that configuration for a whole day, and no freezes.

If we can't explain this by finding other difference between our configs, then we should look at the tape on the pins.

It's a pity that I can't get Auto Unlock feature working on this card.

Fast connect to personal hotspot didn't work either.

Airdrop, handoff works.