DW1820a - the general troubleshooting thread

muttonhead411

2 hours ago, HorstBrack75 said:

The strange thing now is that WiFi stopped working in Win10 now. When I click on update driver in Windows 10, I get a Windows bluescreen now.

Did I maybe alter the firmware and break the card now?

This happen for me once. I shutdown the computer completely and then turn it on. After that, everything works flawlessly in Windows.

If not, you can try to reinstall driver in Windows.

From the link I posted in page 11, the Chinese guy said how to fix this problem, but from english translation, I can not understand what does he mean.

• Administrators

usually the BT firmware gets uploaded on a cold boot and unloaded during shutdown. if you just use restart to go from OS to OS then it will not unload the previous firmware. whatever the first OS that was booted from a cold boot its BT firmware will still be loaded. that is why you should probably do a full shutdown when switching OS's. unless you desire this behavior to keep lets say the windows firmware resident for when booting OSX. but that does not mean it will like it.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:04 PM, Hervé said:

The firmware only applies to the Bluetooth module of the card, not the wifi part.

On p10 (2nd post from the top), @astray provided a link to the Windows driver that updates BT firmware to v4689. You can use this safely to update the card. Then, you may use the following patching kexts in macOS. All this works for me but the card already worked well when showing firmware version v5799 or v5803 (see posts on p5 to p7).

Thanks that fixed it in Windows at least. Just as a side note and maybe the reason why there are 12 pages on this. None of the mentioned solutions seems to work for this card. :-( As I found out from other threads now, it seems to depend even on the subversion etc.

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_43A3&SUBSYS_00231028&REV_08\4&1A9424EB&0&00E2

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C02)#PCI(0000)

ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(RP03)#ACPI(PXSX)

It is possible to activate it but it will slow down the system and make it unusable.

Applying the workaround proposed in another thread to use AirportBrcmFixup and brcmfx-driver=1 for some reason does not work. It will not boot. 

Either I get AirPort_Brcm43xx start failed, Memory leak of bytes 116, Failed 'startGated()' or kext stall or an underrun or a kernel panic.

I read about masking pins but I really don´t like the idea.

THX anyway!

IMG_2287.jpg

On 8/13/2019 at 1:10 PM, DalianSky said:

Hey, @nickhx.
I have a Subsystem Vendor ID: 1028 Subsystem ID: 075a NIC, currently WIFI and Bluetooth are already driven, the known Bluetooth information is: Vendor ID: 0x0A5C
   Product ID: 0x6414;
Only the firmware of Bluetooth always stays at: v7 c4096, can you help me recompile a driver for 0A5C:6414?
Many thanks!

@nickhx , I have the same request as @DalianSky for a newly purchased Lenovo 00JT494 card with bluetooth ID =0A5C, 6414. The firmware v5764 from Windows in attached with this post. Thanks in advance!

BCM4350C5_003.006.007.0095.1668.zip

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Bronxteck said:

usually the BT firmware gets uploaded on a cold boot and unloaded during shutdown. if you just use restart to go from OS to OS then it will not unload the previous firmware. whatever the first OS that was booted from a cold boot its BT firmware will still be loaded. that is why you should probably do a full shutdown when switching OS's. unless you desire this behavior to keep lets say the windows firmware resident for when booting OSX. but that does not mean it will like it.

Firmware also get reloaded on wake. And systematically so. For instance if your DW1820A runs on, say, firmware v4689 in Windows but you use Rehabman's latest kexts without any mod, you'd retain v4689 registered in macOS on a warm reboot from Windows but you'd get v5799 on waking the Hackintosh from sleep.

Ideally, whatever firmware is used under Windows should also be used by Rehabman's firmware patching kexts.

Now, the trick is to find out which firmware version works best under macOS...

@Hervé , Your updated post is locked and can only be fed back here.

Report: It has been found that 1028:0022 can be driven normally, PN: CN-096JNT. For other model information of DW1820A, please visit:https://blog.daliansky.net/DW1820A_BCM94350ZAE-driver-inserts-the-correct-posture.html

BTW, almost all models in China can be found.

DW1820A_1028_0022.pngDW1820A_Infos.thumb.png.6198addbbaf6787fbc0138e57113d1e2.png

DW1820A_1028_0022.spx.zip

On 8/14/2019 at 9:31 PM, tqbinh said:

@nickhx , I have the same request as @DalianSky for a newly purchased Lenovo 00JT494 card with bluetooth ID =0A5C, 6414. The firmware v5764 from Windows in attached with this post. Thanks in advance!

BCM4350C5_003.006.007.0095.1668.zip 5.95 kB · 2 downloads

I have added support for 0a5c:6414 Bluetooth driver on the basis of @nickhx. See the link upstairs.

13 hours ago, DalianSky said:

I have added support for 0a5c:6414 Bluetooth driver on the basis of @nickhx. See the link upstairs.

Thanks! I am out of home so I will test it in the next week.

It is better if you:

- Attach kext files with the post. I found them in your blogpost. Anyway, for other people I attached your file with this post.

- Translate to English :)

Daliansky BT_for_DW1820A_Ver.2.zip