DW1820a - the general troubleshooting thread

muttonhead411

It would be useful to know what is the version when in windows too. Did you do a cold boot (not reboot from windows) when you tested the kexts in L/E? Because c5799 could be the driver loaded onto the card by windows that wasn't flushed out if you did a reboot from windows just before. What I'm getting at is that maybe you have better reception in windows because the version loaded by the windows drivers is more efficient. But to be sure we have to compare versions.

Ok good! So, then the question is... how to repackage this particular driver into BrcmPatchRAM2. It hasn't been updated in a long time. I know some people have manually done so but it involves a few steps and tools. I think there are forum posts here regarding this very topic. @Hervé can you point @The Riddle in the right direction? It would also interest me in fact ;)

... also, when you have 5799 under MacOS, does it solve your problems?

I found new drivers, picked the right .hex file but now im stuck, the PatchRAM2 im using already has a folder(?) for my IDs it should under IOKitPersonalities, don't know where/how to place the new firmware. It should be in BrcmFirmwareData right? Cant find Firmwares folder stated in Rehabman's guide

• Administrators

After 25pages on the topic, It's time to consider that all matters related to getting DW1820A and other BCM4350 cards fully operational have now been exhausted. Given that here is nothing new to discuss and that all information related to configuring a Hack to get DW1820A/BCM4350's Wireless + BT functional is readily available, this thread is now closed and archived.