Dell 7490 - 10.14.5 update issues

muttonhead411

Hi everyone, 

In an act of bravery, I decided to update to 10.14.5, and several things broke:

- touchpad is no longer seen by the system (asking to connect bluetooth touchpad instead)

- audiojack only outputs high pitch sound 

Pre-existing issue: when plugged into external display via HDMI, external display has a purple tint

I've checked to make sure that the kext that previously worked in 10.14.4 are still intact

If anyone knows of any help for these issues, would very much appreciate it. 

Thank you. 

Actually, it's now behaving like the USB installer, where trackpad doesnt work, but external mouse works (recall we discussed this behavior). 

I did face some update installation issues (didnt complete successfully acoording to the error page), but a few reboots later it updated successfully. 

If i did indeed botch the update, how should I best retry the update? Should I:

1) download the delta update package and retry

2) download the combo update package and retry

3) time machine my data and start fresh?

@Hervé is your audio out working properly?

• Administrators

All is working fine here. I updated through the update PrefPane offer. The difference on my 7490 is that I don't inject kext through Clover, I cache them from /L/E (as I always do).

Regarding TouchPad, I have noticed that, on occasions, it just won't work after system has started/booted/rebooted and that it sometimes take a couple of reboots to be active again. Given the current state of I2C support, I live with it and use an external mouse most of the time anyway.

Hi everyone, 

Wanted to give an update here, that I managed to fix my update issues by moving kext from Clover to /L/E. Not sure why that made a difference when in 10.14.4 it didnt, but now touchpad and audio out works. Maybe it has something to do with SEP... not sure

@Hervé audio out still has high pitch buzzing sound... are you facing similar issue on your 7490?