D430 wireless card

elim

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

broadcom BCM4311 (= DW 1395)

Actually both DW 1395 and DW 1390 have broadcom chipsets and thus should work.

But ... weren't working with my EDP 1.9.2 ... so I downgraded to EDP 1.9 and now Wifi works OOTB. Give it a try (saves you the headache of the edptool.command as well).

Thanks a lot Rhyker. Mine is DW1395, and I just tried EDP1.9 with usb installer by SLD430USB.img, updated to 10.6.8 with xcode, but still don't see wifi, and sleep does not working.

ethernet is fine for both EDP1.9 and 1.9.2

Dont know what wrong with my D430 U7700... will a working config backup help in my case?

sleep is explained in the wiki, and follow bronxteck instructions regarding wifi. Look more into the wiki elim. Saves you a lot of time in trying to figure things out ;) We've documented almost everything. Setting up a perfectly working D430 literally is a walk in the park.

Thanks Bronxteck and Rhyker. I should read and follow wiki more. I put another hard drive with windows xp to my D430 U7700. wifi worked just fine then. So bios and the card are all right themselves.

I downloaded Broadcom43XXFamily.kext and put it into the extension folder, reboot, still no good. There is a post somewhere on the web talking about edit some system config to force load the card. I'll give it a try. I also like to try some older EDP, say 1.6...

• Administrators

have you tried removing all wifi kexts in e/e and leaving the stock one in s/l/e. on mine when i install snow or lion fresh even ML it just works otb. unless your caches still have the old kexts and there conflicting. you can also try booting the os installer and see if you notice wifi on the top right. then that would mean it's running native.

actually I did a fresh Snow 10.6.0 install myself (using the image), cause I messed up my dualboot thing yesterday, and WiFi does work OOTB. The reason it didn't before might be because I swaped WiFi it post-install (Intel for a DW1395). Strange it still doesn't work for you Elim :(

So we are really in the same situation now.

The 10.6.0 img I downloaded from <link removed> iss the only working source for me to create the usb installation pen. And the wifi issue seems related to this image.

I have OSX 10.6.4 DVD from apple but haven't successfully created usb instl pen from it (according to the wiki). I guess eventually I have to get the usb installation pen correctly first so that I can really follow those without wifi problems.

Rhyker with what img you get DW1395 work OOTB?

I have the AirPort info here

post-3920-018601000 1330015789.png

But WWAN info here (can also see hardware list without the DW card)

post-3920-046603600 1330015856.png

Yesterday I tried to put Broadcom43XXFamily.kext into /Extra/Extensions, it not help at all but make mouse freeze, and rebuild EDP cause kernel panic.

Here is the way I save the installation:

boot to usb installer, use installer's terminal to delete directory /Extra, file boot

reboot with usb installer, then choose boot to hdd installation, then install EDP and build extensions, then install bootLoader

I think having two partitions for osx is a good idea, move /Users and any time consuming custom data/app to another partition, that way one can install, re-install os with less cost.

The image is just a generic 10.6.0 snow image (to my understanding). I've used that one with all my D430s (past and present), and works. Love the troubleshoot contribution though. I was lazier and just reinstalled :)

I think we are going about this issue the wrong way. Forget the system screenies and software dumps (cause they ain't telling what you need to know). Have you physically unscrewed the back of your D430 to check what the imprint on the WiFi chip say? What does it say? Let's start from there.

Thanks Rhyker, DW1395 is printed on the physical card, but I don't see broadcom lable though. So you reinstalled and it recognized the card? Thant sonds great!

Here are copied my wifi cards info. I don't know how to take photo for these small prints:

WLAN

MAC:001FE2818973

REV A02

DW 1395

Made in China

CN-0JR356-13740-86N-097P-A02

T77H021.00 LF

42014456-03

WLAN

MAC: 001FE182E12B

REV A01

DW1395

Make in China

CN-0JR356-13740-85H-0f0O-A01

T77H021.00 LF

42014086-02L1

I have 2 D430 U7700, the same kind of wifi card, I swap hard drives but their behaviors are the same(sadly). I'm ready to do more re-installations anyways.

Bronxteck suggested that by booting on that usb pen, the wifi light should already on, but this never happen to me: feel bad

do you have sytem info app on your d430????

It app from insanely mac to show all kexts and devices.....

I need to know which vendor id is you wifi card

This is what you should get when you run system info app

kext.tiff

Then you look at broadcom id and tell me if 4312 or 4311 etc etc

Maybe I can help you

do you have sytem info app on your d430????

It app from insanely mac to show all kexts and devices.....

I need to know which vendor id is you wifi card

This is what you should get when you run system info app

kext.tiff

Then you look at broadcom id and tell me if 4312 or 4311 etc etc

Maybe I can help you

Thanks a lot friend, here it is:

post-3920-084611400 1330112347.png