D430 wireless card

elim

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it work again by unplugging UTP and for some strange reason it picked up my Wifi again. Have you tried this yet Elim: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1210-dw1395-wifi-card-working-with-broadcom43xx-kexts/

I downloaded Broadcom43XXFamily.kext and Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext, copied Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext into Extra/Extensions, reboot, no good; then copied Broadcom43XXFamily.kext there, reboot, my mouse frozen. Then I boot to usb installer, using terminal there to delete the whole /Extra, reinstalled EDP1.9, saved the system, using kext util to install Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext, still no luck.

Should I do a refresh install and install that kext rightaway, make sure wifi work before update the os to 10.6.8?

Broadcom BCM4311 (that's what the IC says), can't find the DELL designation. However BCM4311 is a DW1395. I used EDP 1.9 .. and then upgraded to 1.9.2

My card printed as DW1395 on its back, but [system Info] app says it's BCM4312 (NOT BMC4311!!!). Maybe that difference causes one work and the other doesn't...

My card printed as DW1395 on its back, but [system Info] app says it's BCM4312 (NOT BMC4311!!!). Maybe that difference causes one work and the other doesn't...

I have snow leopard 10.6.8 dual booting with WinXP sp3 on my D430 U7700 now. Wifi is working fine with XP but sadly not on OSX.

I still not sure if there is any one have exact version/model of my wifi card successfully suing it with OSX.