D630 install stalled/error

Guest ChAntoine

Guest ChAntoine

Hi all

I've been reading thoroughly this forum before daring to post (and I should mention I'm a software guy).

First, thanks very much for the incredible amount of work, efforts and resources you provide here.

I used on my D630 the main 2 methods (myHack EDP and unifail).

The best result I managed to get is with myHack EDP edition (and the refreshed guide posted a few days ago).

Booting in verbose (-v), the Install started (partitioned my internal HD with Disk Utility) and about 30s later it stated "An error occurred while installing". And then a screen titled "Install failed", sub-titled "Mac OSX could not be installed on your computer" and the "Restart" button.

My config: a D630, intel graphic (1440x900; for which I used the dedicated dsdt.aml and a patched org.chameleon.Boot.plist), intel WiFi chipset (disabled through the bios).

Have anyone encountered such an issue so late in the setup process?

I've been spending hours on this without any success and the big frustration of seeing "similar" config up and running...

Thanks very much in advance

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still learning myself (A lot) hehehe, but most of the time I found when I was installing if I got errors it was down to a bad installation disc or the DVD Burner not reading the disc correctly.

Took me ages to find a reliable DVD Burner for my 630 that could read Dual Layer DVD's fast.

Once you get the installation onto USB, all that will stop though and everything happens much quicker.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Tim.

Guest ChAntoine

Thanks for the reply. I've already seen most of your interesting posts.

But as I'm trying to stick to "osxlatitude method", I've not seen them mentioning the DVD in the process. All I'm using is my USB stick.

Nevertheless, there could be a glitch with Lion; but I suspect it should be ok because: I've (re-)downloaded it from the Store and MyHack opened it correctly to extract what was requested to build the USB installer.

My thoughts go rather to a missing/bad kext. But as I'm in the installer itself, I'm completely blind (unless someone can tell where to find a log of the error...knowing the -v of the bootloader is no more usefull at this stage).

Another thought would be related to internationalization: I'm from France (hence with a Dell configured for France: keyboard and any other hidden specifics...). During the boot, the keyboard is qwerty. During the install, I tried both a setup in English and in French...

I should mention that my bios has been updated with the one provided here for d630.

Guest ChAntoine

Hi..

I used to get that error message during installation because the partition i want to install os x is too small. Is you os x partition at least 15 gigs?

Cheers!

Thanks.

Partition is 80GB... (full internal disk in fact)

Guest ChAntoine

And you mean no one here has ever hackintoshed a d630 outside the US? Or with a Lion not purchased on the US store? And assuming the original lion app from france store is "corrupted" for hacking my d630, what about building a USB stick through a restore from my mbp?

• Administrators

no no don't get me wrong i just remember there was a bug during the DP days of lion with what i think was french and russian install of osx it would get to a certain part i think it was the create user part then freeze. but a clone of a mac should work fine seeming as you have one.

Guest ChAntoine

You may be right. Before leaving the Denying Installer, I went to Terminal and browse the internal hard drive. I stumbled upon /Volumes/<my internal disk name>/private/var/log/install.log at the end of which, it states "An error occurred while extracting files from the package <E2><80><9C>BaseSystemBinaries.pkg.....

I'll try from a restore to the USB stick...

The error message means nothing to me bud :-( .......... Hopefully Bronxy can help there.

I can help with replacing your wireless card for a Dell 1390 one if you need it tho.... It's just 3 screw's to remove, slot the new 1390 WiFi card in and clip the plastic bezel back down........ I can post up detailed pics of the removal/replacement procedure if needed.

The 1390 one is native to Apple's Airport and solves huge amount's of problems at first.

The guide I posted was for a STANDARD A17 BIOS, maybe it doesn't work for the customised one (I don't know, as I have no wish to use a custom bios on this D630 of mine) ........ (Main reason is I want to be able to dual-boot with WinXP if/when I can get it working to 10.6.8).

All I know so far is that the 1440x900 D630 is a mission and even the Great Mr Google has few answers :-(

Good Luck - Keep us posted :-)

Tim.