Some success with DW1820A CN-08PKF4

Donny741

I have recently received this card from aliexpress and was very disappointed to find out that I have a buggy model. My first attempt to launch this card was awful, because system halted after a few minutes of use. Then I started reading and searching for possible solution. So what I did was injecting compatible property through clover as per @Hervé guide, installing AirportBrcmFixup.kext, removing AirportBrcmNIC plugin from IO8021Family (I moved it to /L/E) and booting with brcmfx-driver=2 (1 doesn't boot at all for some reason - it says something like "BRCM Failed to initialize @ device 6" in verbose mode). The card is working alright so far (about 20 minutes). The only bug I experience is random disconnects and system halts until reconnected. Attaching gen_debug as a proof.

ioreg.zip debug_28768.zip

After a reboot everything went back to a non-working state.. Booting with brcmfx-driver=1 fails the initialisation of a driver, brcmfx-driver=2 boots OK, but wifi is disabled. I guess I am not competent enough to figure out what I did right the first time, so maybe someone could help? 

debug_4217.zip

UPDATE: recreated the steps that I did last time and everything works again (not for long I guess). I had to remove AirportBrcmFixup.kext, rebuild cache, reboot, install AirportBrcmFixup.kext again and reboot 2 times (first time the system halted at boot with message "AirportBrcmFixup: init @ failed to call parent 6", second time it booted OK). I am so confused.. but it works.

Im having same kinds of problems although I followed the guide My is an hp 440 g4  I have spent 2 weeks but still no joy Sometime is works sometimes laptop does not boot Thinking of taking card out and out back usb wifi adapter I have 😢😬 

ps even in Sierra and high Sierra same problems

I did set pic aspm to 0 as the guide

At the moment I'm using a virgin backup I made of Mojave before starting messing up and  so far so good

Ill keep you posted Ill keep my finger crossed....

Edited by robi62