Dell E5470 Mojave Internal Microphone not working

Hackmacnewbie

Hi, 

This is my first attempt at hackintosh and it has been pretty exciting for the last one month. I managed to install OS Mojave on Dell E5470 successfully and mostly everything I need every works except the internal microphone. The internal wifi/bluetooth, SD card reader and brightness control does not work. The internal microphone is detected but no input. I am using layout ID 28.  In IOreg I can see that it is reconfigured to layout id 7 which as per some forums is correct. I am using AppleALC, lilu and whatevergreen. I have been troubleshooting this for a while but no luck. My build details are  I7 6820HQ 16 GB DDR4 RAM, Intel HD530 graphics and ALC 293 Audio. I have attached the ioreg files and clover folder. I would be really grateful if someone could suggest what could be wrong. I am thinking of doing a reinstall to see if it fixes the issue. 

Hackmac_MacBook_Pro.ioreg CLOVER.zip

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Layout 28 is for Lenovo, try 11.

What internal wifi does it have? If it's INTEL, it's not supported and will need to be replace with a supported device like DW1560 or DW1830.

SD Card reader is not supported so far..

Brightness control, try Karabiner-Elements.app.

Check out my E7x70 guide here for example

Jake Lo, Thank you so much you have made my day. Yes, with Layout 11 my internal microphone works indeed and now I have line in also detected.  This problem was bothering me for a while. I had checked out your guide and installed the karabiner app but somehow the F6 key is stuck with brightness decrement no matter what the setting. However the brightness of the display does not change. Yes, I have an Intel WIFI card and I am currently using TPlink USB wifi. I will need to get a compatible internal Wifi as you suggested. 

Leook, Thanks for your reply, I had AppleALC in S/L/E folder and I removed some of the extra kexts. 

Cheers

Something strange happened when I restarted my computer I cannot see any audio devices now. It was working and I just renamed the config.plist file to config.plist as I was using some other name before. I got the back up config.plist also and changed the layout id back to 28 but still no audio devices found. Really strange don't know what happened. 

Yes I have vanilla AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E. I repaired permissions and rebuilt the cache. I tried the same config file and no audio. I changed the config file to the one with layout 28 and the audio is back without the microphone. Changed back to the one with layout 11 and no audio devices. So I am back to square one. Actually I had tried layout id 11 many days ago when my audio was not working. The oly id which allowed me to have audio was 28. When you suggested it, I decided to give it a try and it worked. Wonder why it only worked once?