Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

What connection are you using?

HDMI to HDMI

HDMI to miniDP

DP to HDMI 

DP to miniDP

What's the monitor resolution?

Have you tried putting the system to sleep and then wake it before connecting any external monitor?

HDMI to DVI

the resolution of the monitor ist 1680 x 1050

Yes if i put the system to sleep, then connect the cable and wake it, then it works. Ok, but when i close the cover then I have the issue again and after the reboot too :-(

Do I have this problem with a miniDP as well?

• Moderators

Like I said, if you plug in an external monitor on clean start / restart without a sleep cycle, the internal screen goes blank but the external display will be shown as extended.

To fix, close the cover. The external monitor switched to be primary. Now you open the cover, the internal screen comes back on as primary and the external becomes extended monitor.

If it had gone through a sleep cycle already then you won't have this issue. External monitor will just connect as external and internal stays on.

I don't think I could be any more clearer.

I'm using an E7470 now and had just tested HDMI to HDMI, HDMI to miniDP, DP to miniDP, all works fine.

I replace the ACPI patched folder and the config.plist, same problem :-(

The last chance, could i get the folder kext/other, maybe it´s a kext problem?

What I think it could also be the bios, which bios do you have?

Only for my information, with you config my mouse and keyboard doesn´t work on my docking station, but without docking station, the keyboard and mouse work correct?