Dell e7470

Akv

Hey guys,  I wanted to know what you guys recommend if I should install high sierra or mojave? Which is easier to install? Which one is more stable? I do have experience installing Mac osx on a desktop. Compatability  wise what wifi / Bluetooth card is the best and is easiest to install as well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

They both are easy to install. I have a guide from El Capitan to Mojave here. Just scroll to the bottom. Bootpack included.

Recommended Wifi/Bluetooth are DW1560 or DW1830. Although DW1830 requires 3 antennas, it'll still work with 2.  You might loose some connection speed, I never tested it for speed.

• Moderators

Step 2 shows you how to install Clover with specific settings. The EFI partition will automatically mounted after you install Clover.

You can then put the bootpack into /EFI/Clover replacing the default files and folders created by Clover.

You'll need to add HFSPlus.efi to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI. Can be found by googling or from my generic EFI folder here

I installed clover on to my usb drive. I also got into the efi and downloaded the boot pack you had me download. I copy and pasted the files from the  kext/ other files only to the efi that is on the jump drive. I copied to clover/kext/others. I also copied the acpi file that I downloaded and pasted it to clover and replaced the old acpi. Now, the copytole files, it says to paste them to the library/extension. However, I don't have that on the jump drive. So do i do that after I install mac osx on my dell? Here are some screenshots to help! I also copied the config file from the downloaded zip file and copied it to the clover folder on my bootable jump drive.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 11.28.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 11.27.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 11.27.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 11.27.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 11.27.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 11.26.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 11.26.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 11.25.54 PM.png