Dell e7470

Akv

Updated worked. I turned off the wifi and bluetooth from the bios and now my usb bluetooth dongle is working. and my usb wifi adapter is more stable. Bluetooth headphones are working and I am updated. I have one question for you... how do i get my sound to work ... for example if i plug in my headphones? If I have to worst case scenario at the library when I am studying if my bluetooth headphones die?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also my battery indicator only shows me the percentage nothing else. I don't see any time left or none of that? How do i fix that as well? I also have a i5 6300u processor so is this info correct?

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 12.44.38 AM.png

• Moderators

Look for yourself

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88190/intel-core-i5-6300u-processor-3m-cache-up-to-3-00-ghz.html

Battery time indicator has been remove from MacOS since Sierra 10.12.2. You could still check it from Energy tab in Activity Monitor or look for 3rd party app like CoconutBattery.app.

Your internal speaker should work, when you plug in the headphone it should automatically switch over. Have you tested it before asking?

do they automatically switch when I plug in headphones? I plugged in a headphone wire.. but nothing changed.. maybe because I had my bluetooth headphones still connected! I look into concunt battery!

I got a refurbished dw1560 from Dell. I will be getting it on July 17. So after I install it. Do I need to go back into bios and enable wifi switch and wifi correct? How do I go about configuring the wifi card to work with Mojave.

• Administrators

Obviously, wireless needs to be enabled to work... You can refer to the existing instructions in our R&D->Wireless section regarding configuration patches. This is also where you should post if you have wireless-specific questions to raise in the future.

Hey so I am still waiting for the wifi part from Dell. I have a quick question.. When I got to my about mac. There is no memory section at all. But the about mac does show the current memory, but there is no memory section tab. Can someone help me fix this?

• Moderators

The reason is that you're using an SMBIOS the emulates a MBP with memory soldered into the board, hence no memory tab.

There's a kext you can install that can restore it but you'll have to build the kext yourself.

https://github.com/Goldfish64/SystemProfilerMemoryFixup

Update: In case anyone wants it and can't build it yourself

SystemProfilerMemoryFixup.kext.zip