Dell E5420 High Sierra glitches and freezes problem

Grubinho

Dell e5420 (with Intel HD300, 8gb of ram0 and installed HS 10.13.6 (Legacy mode). 

Everything went fine and rather simple - the "only" important problem I had , was - no trackpad working (new VoodooPS2Controller-R6Bronxteck.kext helped  after checking many different kext - if anyone will need). 

1600x900 resolution with acceleration, system shows 512MB of graphic memory. Everything is stable, but here are problems: 

1. graphic artifacts (on files and folder list in finder for instance) - they show up rare

2. On video playback sometimes - horizontal , moving color straps and lines 

3. On minimize or maximize window (Chrome for instance or other app) - sometimes It's freezeing and laggy for a while or get total freeze

4. Sometimes computer get total freeze and I mus shutdown it manually (I don't know if there is any kind of schema: freeze is random, sometimes after 5 minutes of using, sometimes after couple hours, but I think mostly it happens when processor is under heavier task for some period of time. 

I don't have ethernet, firewire and sd card also . but it's not so important right now for me. 

I didn't check hdmi also 

Anyone got solution for this kind of problem? 

Glitches disappeared after use kext guided on yt (Mojave HD300 fix). 

If anyone got freezes (by moving window or resize window or use heavier task) - the solution may be to change screen refresh rate from 60 to 40 Hz (1600x900 resolution).

Edited by Grubinho
adding note
  • Like 1