DW5816e / Sierra EM7430: Not detected

aufannada

• Administrators

Then, it's fair to say that, despite your present settings, the driver cannot communicate with the SIM card. To me, there is possibly still a matter of Airplane mode and/or incorrect WWAN profile for that card.

• Administrators

Possibly...

@aufannada, I suggest you start reading the various threads that were previously posted about WWAN modules so that you understand what's required to get them supported. If you don't grasp the basics, you're going to struggle...

I recommend you start by this thread and this thread before consulting the various others such as this one or this one so that you get what I meant by profiles and/or Airplane mode. Though, as the name obviously implies, Airplane mode means exactly the same as what is meant for a cellphone.

Sorry @Hervé, I'm not asking about "what is airplane mode". I know what Airplane mode means.

What I'm asking is how it should deactivate the airplane mode. Not what Airplane mode means, but how do you turn it off? That's what I meant by the question "Airplane mode?"

Btw, all the instructions (or at least, almost all) that you have given above I have done before. And all I ask is only if I miss what I have done, because so far there has been little by little progress from the first I consulted.

Maybe right, what I haven't done is tape a pin to allow it to work as @Bronxteck said. I've read the instructions about tape a pin to allow it.