dlp

[SOLVED] Dell E6420 Latitude with High Sierra

Hello, 

I have installed High Sierra on my Dell Latitude e6420 i5 HD3000 and it work fine. 
I have only one problem, it boot only with the installer USB.
After installation of High Sierra, when I try to install Clover in the Hard Disk I receive this message "The installation falled". 

Thank you in advanced for your help to solve this issue. 

What version of Clover do you try to install and how & where? What options did you select? Please specify details.

Jake listed the necessary steps in his generic guide available here. Did you follow it?

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the delay to respond, but I am on leave. I have tried various versions the last that I tried it is V2.5 K r5027 Whit attached options.

Thank you for your help.

8D85D994-0F9A-41A4-B100-42956953F666.jpeg

That's wrong! Latitude E6x20 cannot be booted with BIOS set to UEFI mode, only Legacy mode. Set it back to Legacy if it's set to UEFI mode and, again, install Clover with the settings specified in JakeLo generic guide. Please follow the instructions provided in our guides, they're detailed for good reasons...

If necessary, I've also listed the Clover settings I used for legacy mode in my Vostro200 Mojave guide and they should work for your E6420.

• Thanks 1

Helo,

Nothing, I have followed your instruction but nothing I received always the same message "The installation failed" my bios already was setting with legacy mode.  

I do not know what I can do to resolve this problem.

Yes, I have formatted the drive to Guid/Journal Extended as you can see in the picture below.

IMG_7301.JPG

Hello,

The problem it is in the hard disk.

Today I have mounted un old hard disk (80 gb) in the laptop, I have installed again the OS with the same procedure and it boot without USB installer.

I don't know what is the cause.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello,

Solved, Now I have my Dell Latitude e6420 i5 HD3000 that boot without USB installer.

After I have formatted my hard disk with HDD Guru's tool from Windows as you have recommended,

I had the same problem as before, when I try to install Clover in the Hard Disk I receive the message "The installation failed" and it boot only with USB installer, as before.

I have resolved with an USB-SATA cable, I have removed the hard disk to the laptop and I have connected the Hard Disk to the usb of my iMac with an USB-SATA cable and I have installed Clover in the hard disk without error and now it boot without USB installer.

Thank you for your help and your patience to resolved this issue.