[SOLVED] Dell Latitude E6540 audio jack issues

appletechgeek

• Administrators

Regarding audio, you failed to state that your Clover config still included old AppleHDA patches. Those should be disabled/removed if you use AppleALC since that requires full vanilla AppleHDA...

For the rest, you probably need to update Clover and review the modules you chose to install.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for the delay in between updates. i wasnt at home so i couldnt risk the bootloader bricking anyways i tried to remove all appleHDA Patches and update lilu removed all depreaciated kexts and replaced them with whatever green and it again results into a lilu related kernel panic

edit. i have noticed after fully reinstalling voodoohda after the bl broke (i needed audio) i noticed external audio doesnt pop anymore instead it has a very steady his when audio is playing or off)

sorry for being such a noob in this.. i am quite decent at getting it to run but post install stuff is the hardest part for me (in terms of configuring clover and coding)

i cant edit any values inside the voodoohda pref pane apart from 4 things

anyways

i fixed the kernel panics after updating lilu. i now fully removed voodooHDA and replaced it with appleALC  removed all appleHDA patches from clover and audio works with id 12 and 28. only problem is again the audio jack. first 2 seconds are fine when connecting but then it starts popping and hissing louder and louder

i put all my bootloader kexts inside L/E and installed WEG and removed all the kexts replaced by WEG

here is a copy of my clover and a debug file

debug_19312.zip

i've installed CodecCommander (i thought i did but i could have deleted it during lilu kernel panics)

i wil now go over all kexts in L/E and verify if therre are any kexts in there that are not necessary for my system (i somehow feel one of them messes with the jack?)

also i've unistalled the VoodooHDA prefpane as its not needed anymore. 

anyways incase it helps. here is a video showing what the audio does

thanks in advance