LCD not returning to 100% brightness

dparm

The computer:

D430 (A09 BIOS)

Snow Leopard 10.6.6

EDP 1.5rc5

Problem is the display brightness always reverts to 80% in the Displays control panel after a reboot. Using the Fn+up/down does not seem to change the slider. I must manually change it every time. I have also tried resetting the BIOS to defaults thinking it was some sort of glitch...no effect.

• Administrators

Hey mate,

Got the same problem here, try and use FN+F12.

We have yet to find a solution to this one, the only thing i can think of is that its something related to power settings.

Is there any D420 users that can confirm you have the same problem ?

Seems to confirm. After restart I has very low brightness that can't be increased by keyboard. I have to move brightness slider in Display prefPane to make normal brightness. There should be a solution like correcting DSDT. Don't know yet.

• Administrators

Ya, we should find a way to map FN+arrow up/down to the correct keys..

FN+F5 = turns down light

FN+F12 = Turns up light

I read somewhere, that somebody have succeded in remapping that in dsdt... heard about that before ?

I just had a look at this on my D420. Here is a summary of what functions/behaviour I have.

After restart the brightness is at about 80%.

The slider in Display Prefs will take the LCD up to full brightness and down to "dim", but not off as in my MacBook Pro.

The FN key works with both the F5/F12 and the up/down arrow keys to control the brightness.

The on screen HUD appears whenever any of the brightness controls are used.

Hope this is of some use. If you need my updated DSDT since BIOS update let me know.

Cheers