[SOLVED] E6330 - A21 - Mojave - boot to black screen

anhgiang

I have a E6330 with iGPU i7-3540M LowRes.  Replaced the stock wifi & bluetooth with Dell DW1550 Wifi/Bluetooth combo card.
The laptop mounted on a Dell dock, connected to a external LCD via DP.  Windows 10 SSD in the main sata slot, 2nd DATA HDD in the DVD caddy, and the MacOS SSD running from the eSATA from the dock. 
The laptop was updated from Sierra to Mojave 10.14.6.  Everything seemed to work ok except:

MacOS can't seem to access the DATA HDD from DVD caddy slot.  I get the warning, "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer", with 3 options, Initialize, Ignore and Reject.  Initialize in Disk Utility did not work either.  This same HDD worked fine if connected thru USB or eSata.  I tried different HDD but got the same error.  Windows 10 has no problem with this interface.  If I have the MacOS SSD in this interface and boot from it then it works fine.

I updated the Bios from A11 to the latest A21.  I followed Herve's guide on his E6230 with his E6230_Mojave_pack. It still has same problem accessing the HDD from the DVD sata interface.
Another problem I now have is, it boots to a black screen and goes to sleep mode with the power button light blinking.  Hitting the power button gets it back from sleep and it seems ok.  I think using Herve laptop's DSDT causing this black screen problem.

I have attached here my CLOVER folder and ioreg file.  Could someone take a look to see if I had something wrong?  Could you patch my DSDT to see if it solve the problem, please!

Thanks!

CLOVER.zip Jeff’s MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip

• Administrators

I would not recommend you use a patched E6230 DSDT on your E6330, no. Whilst this may not be the cause of your problem, it may lead to some hardware being unsupported even though there is little chance since the 2 x models are extremely close.

You issue of booting to a black scree and sleep is more likely due to an incorrect CPU power management SSDT. Did you generate yours or, since you have the same CPU as I do now in my E6230, use the SSDT I posted in my pack?

I generated my own SSDT.  I had the black screen problem before when It ran Sierra.  Jake Lo then helped me patching my own DSDT and it was fixed.  This time, I am running your DSDT and the black screen problem returns.  I still have my patched DSDT but it was from the A11 Bios.  Now I have the newest A21.  Could you help patch my DSDT,  please!  All new ACPI\origin files are in the Clover.zip I attached in the previous post.

Thanks!