[Solved] Dell Latitude 7490 under Mojave: no webcam

Eiskalt71

• Administrators

@Eiskalt71, please make sure to post in the correct forum section. The Guides section is not for support! It's quite clearly indicated...

The CPU has got nothing to do with the Webcam. Check that the camera fitted to your 7490 is the same as the model fitted to mine (compare the PCI ids). The Webcam is USB-internal and should work OOB as long as you have the USB ports setup properly (and you should with the pack I posted). If it's a different webcam model, it may not be supported dat all.

Please post an IOReg output (taken from IORegistryExplorer app) and a saved output from SysProfiler (i.e. from About This Mac->System Information).

Also check that your Webcam is not disabled in BIOS...

• Administrators

🙄 Re: SysProfiler info, you posted a screenshot of no use... So, please, open up System Information and do "File->Save As". That's what a saved output is.

This being said, I'm not seeing your Webcam in IOReg which is not normal if it's enabled in BIOS. Hanging off RP05@1C,4 PCIe root device,  I see the Realtek USB audio + Gigabit Ethernet of the Dock you're connected to but, hanging off built-in USB3 root device XHC@14, I only some of your USB devices:

• a USB dongle, presumably for a wireless mouse
  • the BT module of your DW1820A card
  • the Broadcom security chip

Incomplete_USB_ports.jpg

This is probably due to the fact that your USB ports are not all properly injected/detected as reflected in IOPReg. For instance, there's no HS01 port and no USRx port. This problem can only result from an incorrect USB port injector.  Looking at my original Clover pack, I realise I had posted it with good old Rehabman's USBInjectAll kext. Remove it and replace it by the attached USBPorts kext (generated through Hackintool app) which fully injects the definitions required for all the 7490 USB ports. You should then see this in IOReg and your webcam should be listed in System Information->Hardware->USB:

USB_ports_7490.jpg

Please confirm behaviour after replacing USBInjectAll by the attached USBPorts kext so that I may update the pack I posted in my 7490 guide.

7490_USBPorts.kext.zip

• Administrators

Explain in details what you did with kexts. Are you injecting them through Clover or caching them from /L/E? If you're caching them from /L/E, you obviously have to repair permissions and rebuilt your kext cache...