Install problems

Darvinko

I am a noob (to latitude - have hackintoshed Dell Mini 1011, Asus 1201N, HP 311), but having tough time with latitude D630 with 2.2GHz processor, intel graphics and 1400 x 900 resolution. Created boot pen using a couple different USB's and tried on both HP 311 hackintosh and Macbook Pro (i5) without success. Use myHack to create bootloader (tried SL using 10.6.0 retail disk and Lion using ESDInstall image from App store download (with proper bootpack extra folder substituted for generic one), SATA set to AHCI mode. Boot pen shows with countdown, hit any key, select USB pen, enter and...nothing!. If I leave it for about 30 or so seconds I get Apple logo with spinning wheel, then screen turns dark. As I said, I've tried SL and Lion, different USB's and different machines to create the boot pens (every combination), even attempted through different USB ports, so I'm thinking settings in BIOs may be the problem. Anyone with some thoughts on this, it would be appreciated. Thank You

if you have intel wifi remove it or shut it off in bios. it breaks installer. if Syonagar's sugestion above does not help then try -v -x to boot in safe mode to install.

I've tried both of your solutions, I might add I forgot to mention I had already disabled Wi-Fi through BIOS. I have now progressed to where the MyHack begins to do its thing, then goes to a white screen for 2 - 3 seconds, but never opens the Install screen. Any more thoughts? My THanks once again for your assistance.

did -x -v give any errors? is it whit screen and a mouse arrow? might be stuck at loading your graphics.

The errors I see are: nvram Error setting variable - "boot args" (iokit/common) not found

Invalid firmware max backlight settings

Shortly after DSMOS has arrived, it stalls, then the screen turns white for a second or two - no mouse arrow, turns to black and stops there.

Once again, I appreciate your time and assistance with this.

Thanks to this forum, the help I received from Bronxteck, Syonagar and the posts and plights of members TimST185, ChAntoine and the DSDT provided by Simeonoff, I now have working SL on my D630. I used the MyHack method, using the extra folder from the bootpack on the wiki (substituting in for the generic), substituting Simeonoff's DSDT for the generic. I needed to turn of Wi-Fi, Dynamic Acceleration, set SATA to accept AHCI, change the graphics settings in both my DSDT (using Simeonoffs DSDT) and in Chameleon (my D630 has 1400x900 resolution) and use a USB mouse (onboard keyboard worked). I also used the switch to shut off BlueTooth during install. It took two attempts (because I stupidly forgot to use Disk Utility to format and set up the hard drive the first time), using boot flags -v -x but I had success. Once again, I appreciate the assistance I received from all the members mentioned (and some others who posted what may have seemed like insignificant trials and tribulations - but that helped tremendously). Thanks again!