Raffay

Latitude 5580: Hackintosh Panic after updating from Mojave to Catalina

Heys guys I just updated my system to macOS Catalina Beta. Before that I updated my kexts but is now stuck due to panic. 

I have attached the output of verbose and debug=0x100

80CB38DD-4C50-4BFF-9690-0A259402BF07.png

Nothing attached!

What version of Clover do you run with? What system does this relate to. Please post your systems details/specs in your signature. 

@Hervé Sorry. It was previously running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. I updated it to macOS Catalina.

Clover version is 5045. This is Dell Latitude 5580 i7-7600U with Intel HD 620.

I have attached my EFI folder.

EFI.zip

I guess you're caching kexts from /L/E since there isn't much in E/C/k/O. Did you verify that the VirtualSMC kext you're using is compatible with Catalina? What about your cached add-on kexts in /L/E? You may want to try and revert to FakeSMC.

@Hervé Thank You. Before updating I downloaded all the latest version of these kexts and replaced them in L/E. As I currently cannot boot into macOS so I download FakeSMS and replaced it with VirtualSMC in kexts/Other but to no avail. Kindly let me know what should I do?

I suggest you re-install Mojave and, if you want to play with Catalina, you do so on a dedicated partition. You'll then avoid all upsets.

@Raffay

You shouldn't have SMCHelper.efi if you're using VirtualSMC.kext. Delete it.

Try going into Clover Options, under graphics, change fakeID and igplatform-id to 0x12345678

Then boot with verbose + debug 0x100 mode

Once booted, remember to repair permissions and rebuild cache again.