7490 6th pack

swede420

My 7490 boots with pack number 6 in Herve's guide but no kext injection and unstable system. Have tried to rebuild kextcache and repair permissions but still same.

however reverting back to pack 5, the system does work as it should.

Anybody else having this issue? Any help to correct it?

• Moderators

Hmm, if you're using DW1820a, that might be the problem. It's missing the patch in the Config file and also missing CLOVERX64.efi in Clover folder.

To upgrade to bootpack #6, just use bootpack #5 and replace just the ACPI folder and ENABLE (check box) DellSMBIOSPatch in the Config.plist (bootpack#5) file under KextToPatch using Clover Configurator.

• Administrators

Oh that's correct, I removed it since I can not assume everyone will use a DW1820A or have one already fitted. It could be useless and, worse, conflict with a different card fitted into the slot. As such, I indeed removed the properties injection from pack #6's Clover config.

I never include the CLOVERX64.efi file since it's normally installed by the Clover installation package once it's run and it may differ from one Clover version to another...

• Administrators

Sure but that's not what any follower of my guide should do. In fact I was careful to be very specific on that matter:

"open this EFI partition and transfer the files & folders from the Latitude 7490 Mojave Clover pack below to the EFI/Clover folder"

Granted there could be confusion so I've just modified it so that there should no longer be any. All the files and folders included in the pack go to EFI/Clover folder as stated in the guide.