Latitude 7490 install boot loop

nufrankenstein

Hi guys,

I' m trying to install on my 7490 follow Hervé's guide(pack #6).

However, when I boot to clover and load the installation disk(when I install) it rebooted after several seconds, a gif is uploaded for you guys. 

Been trying to solve it today with no luck, so any help would be very appreciated.

My bios setting is also follow Hervé's guide, except I cannot find these settings in my bios( I guess Hervé' wrote these in earlier bios version). I don't think these setting would influence anything.

Security

. TPM 2.0 Security = Off or On with whatever desired settings

Manageability

. USB Provision = Off

. MEBx Hotkey = Enabled

thanks!

animated.gif

• Administrators

Those BIOS settings would indeed NOT influence anything. This being said, I wrote the BIOS parameters thread when running BIOS 1.8.0; I now run with BIOS 1.11.0 and those parameters are still present, at least on my 7490... At this point of time, 1.11.0 is the lastest version posted by Dell for this model.

I slightly modified the bootpack late yesterday. Install Clover as per the guide and then, afterwards, transfer the files and folder of the bootpack to the EFI/CLOVER folder of your mounted EFI partition.

Update,  I use the old pack #5, it works

After installed and post tuned, I update to pack#6 with

On 8/18/2019 at 1:36 PM, Jake Lo said:

Hmm, if you're using DW1820a, that might be the problem. It's missing the patch in the Config file and also missing CLOVERX64.efi in Clover folder.

To upgrade to bootpack #6, just use bootpack #5 and replace just the ACPI folder and ENABLE (check box) DellSMBIOSPatch in the Config.plist (bootpack#5) file under KextToPatch using Clover Configurator.

Then reboot, it starts the boot loop again.

Not clear what's wrong.

With pack#5, everything works excellent except the wifi, I used a DW1830(BCM43602) from xps9550.

Thanks!

• Moderators

Open Config.plist with Clover Configurator

Under Devices, go to Properties, look for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x02)/Pci(0x0,0x0) and delete it

Go to Kernel and Kext patches, and enable DellSMBIOSPatch

Save file

Add AirportBrcmFixup.kext to /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for wifi

Add BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /L/E for Bluetooth

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

Reboot

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! I'm writing this reply on the newly hacking-shed 7490.

The wifi speed is very slow, maybe I done something wrong. I'll try to improve it and try to update to pack#6.

I have test the hdmi to DVI, works excellent. The track point and track pad buttons don't work as Herve's guide mentioned. 

Thanks Herve, Jake and osxlatitude again!

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 11.20.28 AM.png