Precision 7510: Mojave build

nickelnoff

Thanks @Jake Lo - That's the one I've got implemented and have the dGPU disabled. 

I have this set in BIOS:

Enabled Switchable Graphics  (Check)

Discrete Graphics Controller Direct Output Mode - disabled (uncheck)

Anywhere to go in this config to output through mDP, HDMI or TB3? 

Side question: Is the Dell Wireless 1830 (DW1830) a straight easy swap for the 7510 ? No extra antenna or anything is have to deal with ? I saw a few threads with folk having problems getting the full AC speed - how did it work for you ??

I assume the stock Intel is 2 x antennas as well in that case. What's the easiest AC M.2 card in that case ?

Your article below suggests perhaps the DW1560 but be great to get something that will just work with no hacking 😎

• Administrators

Choice is extremely limited as far as M.2 cards are concerned:

• DW1560 (BCM4352) -> patch required
  • DW1830 (BCM4360) -> works OOB
  • DW1820A (BCM4350) and related -> patch required but probably best avoided given the amount of headache & trouble it's given to users; no guarantee it'll work...

I know of no other M.2 cards that are fully supported.

There are Atheros cards of course but Mojave dropped support for those even though Atheros cards that worked up to High Sierra can be re-used under 10.14 once the Atheros40 kext from previous macOS release is re-installed. This being said, M.2 cards based on AR946x/AR9565/AR9485 chips are not supported to the full and only operate at limited rate. They require a re-written Atheros40 kext.

• Like 1

• Moderators

With these settings, you should be able to connect to HDMI and mDP external monitors.

Enabled Switchable Graphics  (Check)

Discrete Graphics Controller Direct Output Mode - disabled (uncheck)

TB3 is not fully supported yet I think, so it's not hot pluggable. You'll need it connected before booting to access it.

Go with the DW1560, minimum patching require. Just need 4 kexts and you're good to go.

• Like 1

@Jake Lo Do you know if LSPCON was needed for the Dell Precision 7510? 

Updated Clover and WEG Kexts and Lilu to latest. Need to run further analysis but now getting TB3 graphics and HDMI output. However not at the same time. mDP was working but has now stopped working.

Any one know what the AppleALC layout-id should be set ?