Precision 7510: Mojave build

nickelnoff

• Administrators

What kind of TouchPad/TrackPad is this model fitted with?

Keyboard brightness control is more a matter of DSDT than PS2Controller kext. I've detailed the patch I use in my E6230/7490/E7250 in each relevant guide. Patch info comes from the post made by @jpz4085 in Dr Hurt's PS2Controller thread. Works well in those laptops and will probably be relevant to your laptop too. No harm in trying, at worse it'll change nothing...

• Administrators

Since it's not I2C and that the driver also applies to older Ivy Bridge/Haswell Latitude laptops, it's fair to say you can give Dr Hurt's VoodooPS2Controller R6 kext a try. You'll find it in our R&D->kexts section.

Thanks @Jake Lo - I'll take a look at this soon.

In the meantime I was going through my config and saw some KextsToPatch patches which I have disabled:

917382563_Screenshot2019-09-04at19_48_40.thumb.png.beb50fc674197a1d5461cfc663f5da18.png

Now I am able to get a picture through the HDMI and TB3 ports however not the mDP (until re-enabling the above patches).

I captured some connector information using Hackintool and have combined in to the following:

Connectors-Combined.thumb.png.015e360c1c6679d80d3b9837bd66510b.png

Any advice on how to move forward ? Looks as though all connections are being tried over the same Index 2.

Moved forward and got all external graphic interfaces working using platform ig 193B00005 with 191b device is - will post config soon.

Any one any idea on how to get External sound working for this framebuffer set? 

Only time I saw it working was when i used a desktop platform ig 1912 which had no Laptop screen. 

ok that was simply solved by adding string hda-gfx keyword with value "onboard-1" to the HDEF Device Property.

Get a slight boot glitch towards the end of the booting. Apple log sort of spreads itself horizontally across the screen for a split second.