[SOLVED] Dell Latitude E6230 Mojave - Bluetooth Not Detected and eSATA/USB2.0 port not working

JohnSandesh

Hello Hervé, Thanks to your guide for Dell E6230 Mojave - I was able to successfully install Mojave in a very straightforward manner. 

However, I've got 2 issues as listed below and hoping you could guide me in fixing it, please?

1)  I'm just unable to get the stock Bluetooth working and there are no kext files for the same in your bootpack for Mojave. 

2) Left USB i.e eSATA port is no longer detecting and devices connected to it. You've mentioned about an Hackintool in the description but again the boot pack doesn't have the USBports.kext? any help from you end would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

First of all, no double post on the forum please!

Did I forget or remove the USBPorts or USBInjectAll from the booptack? If so my mistake and my apologies, I'll add it later once I'm back on my E6230 Hackintosh. Meantime what you can do is download Rehabman's USBInjectAll and install it in /L/E. Repair permissions, rebuild your cache and reboot. You'll then be able to generate the USBPorts kext from Hackintool app.

Regarding what you call "stock Bluetooth", I guess you mean the optional internal DW380 module, right? If you look in the earlier guides like El Capitan or Sierra, you'll see how these can be fully enabled, knowing that it is not BT 4.x but older. Mine is disabled in BIOS because I run with an Apple BCM4360CD in a mini-PCIe adapter in the WWAN slot. DW380 will work with the good old Bluetooth Transport patch + Rehabman's firmware patching kexts. I used to include the transport patch in FakeSMC (it's a little and simple injection) and you'd have to adjust it to Mojave since Apple were in the habit of changing those transport kexts every time a new OS X/macOS version came out.