Base questions and no proper EDP for my 1680x1050 Intel D830 - Heavy reinstalling

gosar

Hello @all,

finally i got lion fresh installed (with usb pen and the intel 2 (1920x1080) bootpack).

My D830 Resolution (1680x1050) is automatically choosed and looks great.

Because the touchpad is not working (same with onboard LAN and WIFI) i wanted to install the correct kexts via the EDP tool.

Therefore i ran the EDP Tool and installed the kexts for the Intel 1920x1080 with Apple Ps2 and everything else turned on.

At reboot, it stucks at

VoodooBAttery.kext: VoodooBattery.kext 1.2.11 (Release) Sep 5 2009 00:31:34 [1060]

VoodooBAttery.kext: Snow Leopard Pre-release © 2009 Superhai. All Rights Reserved

Booting with -v -x options, it stucks here:

VoodooBAttery.kext: VoodooBattery.kext 1.2.11 (Release) Sep 5 2009 00:31:34 [1060]

VoodooBAttery.kext: Snow Leopard Pre-release © 2009 Superhai. All Rights Reserved

BCM5722D (Build date/time: May 22 2011 13:24:10)

Firewire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)

Firewire (OHCI) Vendor ID 1217 ID f7 PCI now active, GUID 4a4fc00023839870; max speed s400

How can I get my system booting again?

Please help...

Thank you...

• Like 1

My BIOS Settings.

Onboard Devices

Integrated Nic: Enabled w/PXE

Internal Modem: Off

External USB Ports: Enabled

Parallel Port: Off

Serial Port: Off

PC Card and 1394: Enabled

SATA Operation: AHCI

Module Bay Device: Off

Flash Cache Module: Off

ASF Mode: Off

Microphone: Enabled

Video:

Ambient Ligth Sensor: Off

Primary Video: Onboard Video

Performance

Multi Core Support: Enabled

Dynamic Acceleration: Enabled

SpeedStep Enable: Enabled

Post Behaviour

Virtualization: Enabled

USB Emulation: Enabled

Wireless

Internal Bluetooth: Off

Internal Wifi: Off

Internal Cellular: Off

• Administrators

Dynamic Acceleration: Enabled this needs to be off as once you get it booting your going to find that the cpu speed is showing lower than what you have. as for you issue what lion and edp versions are you using? edp 2.x is for lion.

Hi Bronxteck,

hard to say 'cause my system don't boot anymore.

But I just have made a second partition and installed all again to have a "rescue" system for file operations etc.

So..

My version of lion is 10.7.2 (11C74)

The used version of EDP is 2.2

As I said, directly after use of EDP the systen isn't bootable anymore..

Any idea?

• Administrators

Hi bronxtech...

Thanks on pointing out that the enabled dynamic acceleration is causing the cpu speed to be shown lower than it is. I have always been wondering how to solve the 'About This Mac' showing my 2GHz cpu as 1.88 GHz instead of now 1.99 GHz. Yeah... Its superficial... no marked difference on my geekbench... huhu... was hoping it would touch 3000++ maybe. Hehe.

Cheers!

Additional information:

I tried the Dell 630 Intel-entry of EDP in my second (test) installation on another partition...

when i reboot, the system seems to boot well again, but my screen went blank (the same problem i was facing with the choosing of the correct bootpack for the USB pen installer. Only the 1920x1080 one gave me a picture .. and furtunately with correct aspect ratio of 1680x1050.

So where is the difference between these two packs? Dell 830 1920x1080 does show a picture but won't let me reboot after EDP.

The D630 entry in EDP seems to make a complete reboot, but i only get a blank screen.

On my second connected monitor (1920x1200) i could see a nice structured grey wallpaper and if i move the mouse rightwards, the mousepointer appears on that screen.. but it seems to be a kind of to big.

So i might be able to say, that the D630 entry choosed a smaller display resolution (maybe 1024x768) and my Dell TFT isn't able to display this. My second monitor seems to be able but it is marked as the second screen (but why with an empty grey structured wallpaper?) and i couldn't start any program to change my situation...

I definately need your help! :o)

By the way..

If i try to boot my unbootable 1920 installation with the "-f" option, i get a little bit further..

You can see this on the attached screenshot..

But then it stucks, too..

post-4285-046773200 1330630354_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi bronxtech...

Thanks on pointing out that the enabled dynamic acceleration is causing the cpu speed to be shown lower than it is. I have always been wondering how to solve the 'About This Mac' showing my 2GHz cpu as 1.88 GHz instead of now 1.99 GHz. Yeah... Its superficial... no marked difference on my geekbench... huhu... was hoping it would touch 3000++ maybe. Hehe.

Cheers!

Cheers

Im glade it helped you out as well... and thanks for helping around!

the differences would be in dsdt.... but check your bios for what type of video card you have and build for that model... gma or nvidia you might be choosing the wrong one idk it can happen :P

I didn't choosed the wrong one.. checked it 25 times (as many reinstalls i had to make in the last 5 days) ;-)

Specs are in my signature...

Dell D830

CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz

Chipset: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (384 MB)

Video Card: Mobile Intel® GMA X3100

Screen: 1680x1050x32@60

IDE Controllers:

Intel® ICH8M 3 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2828

Intel® ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850

Wifi: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (deactivated)

LAN: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx-Gigabit-Controller

As i said my primary installation (which should work with the display) stuck at

booted with -x -v it continued to

BCM5722D (Build date/time: May 22 2011 13:24:10)

Firewire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)

Firewire (OHCI) Vendor ID 1217 ID f7 PCI now active, GUID 4a4fc00023839870; max speed s400

When system stop booting, is the reason the displayed or the following (not yet displayed) line in the boot log?

So.. with only the -v option stuck at "VoodooBattery.kext: Snow Leopard Pre-release © 2009 Superhai. All Rights Reserved", does he have a problem with the VoodooBattery.kext or with the following BCM5722D line, which i could only see booting with the "-x" flag?

Can i delete some kexts to get a bootable system again?

Am I the only user here with a D830 with intel video card and a 1680x1050 Display trying to run OSX Lion?

What can I do? I'm new to these kext thing..

I can boot into the second lion installation on that disk (reinstalled it) an so i maybe could delete or modify some files from my first boot partition...

Any hint for me?