7240 i7 Mojave working.. but need some extra/basic information

faruktuef

hy guys... 

I got ma latitude 7240 i7 up and working with Mojave except wifi of course and external display/hdmi not tested....

I used clover config and guide from this link and also some kexts..

https://www.hackintosh.com.pl/en/blog/macos-mojave-on-dell-e7240

but I have some basic questions:

1) I changed in clover configurator my device- from macbookpro11,1 to other models, eg. imac14,2 .. still most things were working except audio.WHY? and which is best for my i7-4600U? does this affect also my battery drain?

2) i installed coconut-battery, I get most information, but the battery-temperature is always at -273,2 degrees.. is this possible to get working? 

3) when I install the kexts in the guide above (with Hackintool) I get this errors below.. all three kexts were in the guide.. am I doing wrong or are the kexts wrong?

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7faf8dc018f0 [0x7fff9ad678e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleBacklightInjector.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7faf9070f840 [0x7fff9ad678e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc144665870 [0x7fff9ad678e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }
kext file:///Library/Extensions/DisableTurboBoostBattery.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fc144682f80 [0x7fff9ad678e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleBacklightInjector.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }

thanks in advance

• Administrators

Why don't you use the guide for your model that exists on this forum along with the associated Clover pack?

I would also ask that you search the forum before posting. The Search button is at top of the forum page. Had you used it, you'd have obtained this for your trouble:

@Hervé : thanks for the hint. I of course used the search button, but could not find answers specific to my questions. I was just wondering about this questions... the guide here I found of course but the clover bootpack was in an early post, so I was not sure, if its up2date... 

my system is up and working well, so I am not troubling... I just want to learn the basics behind, and was asking that's why, if e.g the set CPU affects the audio and why? I am also interested in learning if its possible to set the CPU parameters fitting perfectly to my hardware, or if this is not of matter...

just wanted to discuss.. but....

br

• Administrators

Your E7240 is 4th gen Haswell platform. You should set it with:

1. MacBooPro11,1 SMBIOS (iMac is to really suitable)
  2. Rehabman's ACPIBatteryManager kext (Google for it and use latest version)
  3. Latest Lilu + WhateverGreen kexts (and get rid of any other Intel graphics fixing kexts)
  4. AppleALC + correct layout-id injection for your audio codec

With regards to the messages you're getting for add-on kexts when rebuilding your cache, please note that they're all perfectly normal. Since OS X Mavericks or Yosemite (I forgot which one it was), Apple requires signed (i.e. validated) kexts. Of course, this is not the case for many of our Hackintosh-related add-on kexts but, provided they're set with the correct permissions, they can still load and be cached nevertheless. So, nothing to worry about. Don't hesitate to Google on "kext signature" if you want to know more on the matter (and/or any other).