Dell Latitude E6500

CelestialDiablo

Hello, I'm new to the hackintosh scene, I've been trying to figure it out on my own, I never got it, so now I'm here.

What do I need to do to make this work?

What BIOS settings do I need to set? (Currently running Optimized)

What is the latest OSX I can support? (I'm looking to run Mojave, but I'm betting I can't)

System specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26GHz
GPU: NVidia Quadro 160M
RAM: Installed: 4096 MB, Usable: 4019 MB, Speed: 667 MHz, DDR2 SDRAM, DIMM A: 2048 MB, DIMM B: 2048 MB
Internal Drive: Samsung SSD SM841 128GB
Audio: IDT 92HD71
WIFI: Intel Wireless (Intel WIFI Link 5300) (Model 533AN_HMW)
Cellular: Compatible (BIOS says Installed)

I should be able to run Sierra if it has NVidia Graphics (which I do have), but that was as of 2016.

Thank you,

CeletialDiablo

• Administrators

Mojave does not officially support neither Core2Duo platforms, nor old nVidia Tesla dGPU such as the Quadra NVS 160M (not Metal compatible). You can run Mojave on C2D platforms with special tricks but getting old non-Metal dGPU got harder and harder to the point where it's cumbersome.

Your E6500 with NVS 160M will support and run High Sierra perfectly and my advise is that you stick to 10.13 to begin, especially if you're not an experienced Hackintosher. It remains a fully modern, appropriate and usable macOS version. Of course, you'll have to replace that Intel wireless card since Intel cards are not supported at all. Please refer to our R&D->Wireless section for non-exhaustive inventories of supported models.

Cellular, well, "compatible" means nothing... You'll have to identify the model. But that's totally secondary.

I invite you to refer to our existing guides for similar C2D laptop models (eg: Latitude D630 or D830 of the previous generation) for which the detailed process will 100% apply, you'll just need to adjust some of the kexts (drivers) to match your E6500 hardware (eg: LAN, audio, etc.)

Hello, thank you for your reply.

So, the highest I can run is High Sierra, that is fine by me.

Replace the wifi card, can do.

I'm not really expecting to use the cellular, that's all the bios can tell me, just thought I should mention it in case that can change something.

I will gladly check out the existing guides, I wasn't aware that the guide for the D630 or D830 could help me out, thank you for informing me on that.

Thank you,

CelestialDiablo