E6520

DraKuL71

well now i cant get unifail or MyHack to load up into the OSX 10.7 install

I read some people were having problems installing with the latest unifail and I can't access the older builds. I like the MyHack method but the Bootbacks I'm using for EDP, are not specifically for the E6520, so I keep getting Kernel Panics. The first panic is the AppleCPUpower or whatever and then I delete that from the USB stick and I get KP with AppleAPCIPlatform or whatever i can't remember. But nothing is ever working. I can't even inswtall OSX anymore. Will worry about sound and video once i get it installed. Stay in touch so we can get this figured out. I'm on like month 6 now of trying and still getting no where. Not quitting though.

well now i cant get unifail or MyHack to load up into the OSX 10.7 install

I read some people were having problems installing with the latest unifail and I can't access the older builds. I like the MyHack method but the Bootbacks I'm using for EDP, are not specifically for the E6520, so I keep getting Kernel Panics. The first panic is the AppleCPUpower or whatever and then I delete that from the USB stick and I get KP with AppleAPCIPlatform or whatever i can't remember. But nothing is ever working. I can't even inswtall OSX anymore. Will worry about sound and video once i get it installed. Stay in touch so we can get this figured out. I'm on like month 6 now of trying and still getting no where. Not quitting though.

Which version of Lion are you attempting to install? As of version 10.7.4 the AppleAPCIPlatform kext became problematic and a rollback was necessary. If you are attempting to use 10.7.4 for your install, you will need to get an earlier version of that kext and substitute it for the version included. If you go the the Forum's Lion section, using the Intel site, you will find links and workarounds to substitute the earlier kext.

I finally was able to extract my DSDT using Linux UBUNTU LIVE 11.04 x64 using this method:

EXTRACT A VANILLA DSDT IN Ubuntu LINUX

1. Download Ubuntu Live CD from Ubuntu web site Desktop CD section. Choose the 64bit version (or 32bit if you prefer)

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

2. Burn and boot from CD. Choose the 1st option, run without installing.

3. You will be in the Ubuntu desktop as user ubuntu with a home folder of /home/ubuntu.

4. Select white Ubuntu icon called Dash Home (located at the top left), enter the letter 't' or the word 'term' in the Search bar to reveal the Terminal. Launch the Terminal and type:

sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > dsdt.aml

Now you'll have it in your home folder.

5. You can save the file to a USB flash drive and transfer to OSX for future editing or upload it to the forum

==============================================================================================================

Now I am uploading my DSDT for anyone to see and work with to help out everyone with DELL E6520

I have the i5 and my display is Intel HD 3000 resolution 15.6 HD+ (1600x900) Anti-Glare LED

dsdt.zip

I patched your DSDT and made an Extra folder, it could be downloaded here: http://cl.ly/0g3I0O2u1Z1J

I am helping RezMax on Skype now to get most things working, we managed to get it installed allready :). It will be added to EDP soon!

Would you mind patching mine as well??? I have been trying for months to get my e6520 going. It has i7 with HD3000 1920x1080 res LCD. PLEASE and many thank yous!!dsdt.aml.zip

iMick is the Messiah!!!!!! Supreme being!!!

Since the new year began I've been working on this project and Mick successfully got OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion running beautifully on my E6520.

I'm using it right now to type this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The INTEL HD 3000 is beautiful!!! Resolution is full resolution.

Trackpad works but not 2-finger.

The keyboard works. I don't have the backlight but will try to buy a backlight keyboard and swap that.

My stock Wi-Fi card does not work but I have one that i can swap to. I will be trying to install a spare that I have. It's a broadcom BCM94311. I have another one as well but will have to take that out of a different laptop.

My E6520 does not have touch-screen or camera so I cannot test those.

The speakers output sound, they sound weak but I think that is just the size of the speakers.

The volume buttons respond to the on-screen volume actions but the volume doesn't change. The volume using preferences does work.

The CD-ROM device is not recognized.

The SD card slot does not read SD cards. I tried three cards.

The battery is not recognized, but the battery still keeps the laptop on when it is unplugged.

The LCD backlight can change brightness levels. The Fn Up/DOWN can change the brightness levels. The screen is plenty bright.

The windows button does not seem to work as command key. The command (windows) key does this when I hit it with letters.-------> Ω≈ç∫ƒ˙∆¨†®∂ß∑´®ƒ©∆˚µ

USB works

have not tried video (VGA/HDMI) out. So I don't know if that works or not.

I don't know about eSATA or Firewire either.

The finger cursor mouse thing in the middle of the keyboard works. And so do the click buttons that go with it.

Restart works. Shutdown works.

I don't think sleep works after shutting the lid, but when the computer doesn't have activity and the screen goes dim for a minute then to black after that, I press the mouse button and the login screen comes on just fine.

If there is anything else you want me to check let me know and I will try it.

If anyone can help me (MICK!!!) figure out the rest I would appreciate it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

To get this working I used the EDP method with MyHack and the bootpack Mick provided me with (Extra folder)

If anyone else is using the work of Mick (EDP-Bootpack) then please contribute to the donation page and show the OSXLATITUDE team some love.

Thanks for your kind words RezMax! I'm also working with Metzz71 on Skype, to test things.

Trackpad works but not 2-finger.

The keyboard works. I don't have the backlight but will try to buy a backlight keyboard and swap that.

We are now using the VoodooPS2 / VoodooTrackpad kexts, but there are many other kexts and other revisions. So let's test and make it perfect!

The speakers output sound, they sound weak but I think that is just the size of the speakers.

The volume buttons respond to the on-screen volume actions but the volume doesn't change. The volume using preferences does work.

We are now using VoodooHDA.kext, but there are other ways. I am trying some other things.

The CD-ROM device is not recognized.

The SD card slot does not read SD cards. I tried three cards.

The battery is not recognized, but the battery still keeps the laptop on when it is unplugged.

CD ROM device is strange, because it recognizes your Intel SATA 6 chipset perfect. The SD cardreader won't work at all, it uses the PCI interface. Only cardreaders with the USB interface are supported by OS X yet. For battery, I should have a look on DSDT fix + a kext. But not now :).

The windows button does not seem to work as command key. The command (windows) key does this when I hit it with letters.-------> Ω≈ç∫ƒ˙∆¨†®∂ß∑´®ƒ©∆˚µ

Maybe a wrong setting? Have a look on our pages > http://www.osxlatitude.com/use-a-pc-keyboard-with-your-hackintosh/ and http://www.osxlatitude.com/remapping-keys-in-osx/

I don't think sleep works after shutting the lid, but when the computer doesn't have activity and the screen goes dim for a minute then to black after that, I press the mouse button and the login screen comes on just fine.

Display sleep / wake works most of the time, but normal sleep don't works most of the time. It should work with Sleepenabler.kext maybe, but not without it yet. You are still using NullCPU kext, what most of the time disables sleep. I don't know if I could patch it all in your DSDT, I'm not a DSDT expert :(.

Nice to hear that your Intel HD3000 works perfect, even with brightness and FN keys!

I uploaded the Extra V8 to this topic, it has other PS2 kexts and it has other audio kexts + DSDT edits. Tell me the difference.

After we fixed most bugs, then I will put it in our EDP and make it available for the community! :).

• Like 1