E6520

DraKuL71

anyone got battery indicator or sleep to work yet? What about Biometric Fingerprint Reader or RFID device?

I find that VoodooBattery works "sometimes" ;) Occasionally it boots and is just a battery with an X inside, and other times it has a properly working battery meter. Not sure what the rhyme or reason is.

if you use nullcpu kext it breaks sleep with out sleepenabler. http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/ you can also try using sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 command in terminal in conjunction with sleep enabler. default hibernate mode is 3 if you want to change back from 0.

Something to try, but rather than using a sleepenabler kext, I'd like to get the actual power management working. Sleep is nice, but speedstep is useful on a more regular basis.

EDIT: I've also updated this E6520 ML topic @ https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1689-e6520-mountain-lion/

Igashu,

I have attached an updated AppleHDA to post #67 that I made yesterday and it is working in place of VoodooHDA. To get it recognized and working though I need to set boot flag "-f" when the computer starts. Try it and let me know how it goes. It is still a work in progress as I am learning the stuff while working on it. I discovered a very good thread on Insanelymac here: AppleHDA patching by bcc9.

Try it and let me know how it works for you.

In addition when I have noticed that when I ignore the cache with "-f" flag at boot time, I always get the battery indicator to work properly.

Does your trackpad work with swipe or not? I wonder if someone has it working.

Thanks.

Here is my update. I have since installed and SSD drive and love it! I used the v14 extras to install ML on my 6520.

Sleep was not working

Web cam was not working

battery indicator not working

I installed the beta EDP app and got Sleep to work! very cool. I don't think the battery indicator works with any of the 3 options, but I will check again.

Webcam works in iMessage, but not in Facetime or PhotoBooth, I can live with this.

Trackpad works, but no gestures or scrolling. And the joystick is terrible. I like a mouse, so i can live with this as well.

If we could get the battery indicator to work i would be willing to call it complete.

Hello Metzz71,

I use VoodooBattery and it works fine if I start the computer with "-f" boot flag.

For your sleep, are you using NullCPUPowerManagement with sleepenabler or did you perform some dsdt editing?

I would also want to get my computer to sleep.

Thanks.

Hi,

Can some one please help me with steps to install SL and then upgrade to ML. I installed SL from USB key in the past using Chameleon boot CD. I am not experienced as you guys. Also please help me on how to deploy Extra files(if it is just a copy of your files into my Extra folder). I know unix commands and how to do file copies etc during installation and post installation. I have a E5200 with Intel HD3000.

I appreciate all your help so far with sharing your info.

Metzz71,

Used your settings with -f and it tries to come back from sleep but never does. I see the screen flash back on and a popup shows up, then blank screen again.

Also, The trackpad you chose gives me jittery and useless cursor and keyboard strokes. I just used your posted image for EDP install options and it just doesn't work, in fact...without -f i get the MUST HOLD DOWN POWER FOR 3 SECONDS warning during boot. So it is a total no go and I must reinstall that V14 EXTRA through MyHack in the Mountain Lion install ......still no luck with battery indicator. still no sleep. I noticed HDMI has no routed audio either by the way. I also still get screen tearing and glitches every so often. That is with the 8GB ram upgrade that automatically gave me 512MB VRAM instead of the stock 256MB.

Hi,

Can some one please help me with steps to install SL and then upgrade to ML. I installed SL from USB key in the past using Chameleon boot CD. I am not experienced as you guys. Also please help me on how to deploy Extra files(if it is just a copy of your files into my Extra folder). I know unix commands and how to do file copies etc during installation and post installation. I have a E5200 with Intel HD3000.

I appreciate all your help so far with sharing your info.

You need to go to the E.D.P. tab at the top of the page. It has very detailed instructions that will definitely work for you. It uses the MyHack USB installer method and you will not be using CD anymore. Chameleon will be on the USB when MyHack program creates it for you. But I think instead of the Chameleon bootloader, I think it is actually chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded).