E6520

DraKuL71

But I think instead of the Chameleon bootloader, I think it is actually chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded).

chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) = Chameleon. chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) is just a crappy branch that made tonycrap out of Chameleon. Have a look here: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/80/trunk

MyHack uses the trunk branch, merged with some own edits and other branches. chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) is just Chameleon with some more device ids, so tonycrap / MacMan could call it chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), and let users think they made it...

They suck.

Thanks for your reply guys. I followed E.D.P instructions as is, but I am getting the following error immediately after it starts to boot. I tried -v option , but after running the boot process for a while its restarting. Without -v option its not restarting but showing following error. My E6520 has A12 bios version installed. I have setup SATA in AHCI mode. I am installing ML 10.8.2. Here is the error message.

EBIOS read error : Controller or device error

Block 0xa46d8 Sectors 0

Block 0xa46d8 Sectors 0

Block 0xa46d8 Sectors 0

Block 0xa46d8 Sectors 0

Please help me with these errors.

Hi,

Just to make sure that my USB drive is not defective, I tried the E.D.P instructions on a different USB drive, same issue is happening. Did anyone try ML 10.8.2 on E6520? Is there anyway to get ML 10.8.0 and do E.D.P like you guys did? Please help me to install ML 10.8.2 or 10.8.0 on E6520.

thanks

Hi RezMax/iMick,

Did you try ML version # 10.8.2 or 10.8.0?Also please let me know etc.? which version of MyHack you used. Is there any alternate way of installing it using Chameleon, unifail etc. Please help me how to debug and fix this issue. My system has i7 quad core processor with 8GB RAM. Does that matter?

I'm on BIOS A05....never updated because I didn't see any reason to yet. Plus I'll never load windows on this to execute the install files. If anyone knows how to update outside of windows let me know please.

BIOS setup is the basic one I guess. Legacy mode. I don't know what else you would need. iMick help out with my install as you will read earlier in the thread. But I am on ML 10.8....the The Golden Master edition. not 10.8.2

Hi iMick,

Please help me with this issue. Looks like this issue is not specific to my machine. Looks like ML 10.8.2 is breaking with the latest E6520 bootpack and E.D.P. I already opened a defect for this. Please let me know how I can get help from you.