E6520

DraKuL71

After successfully getting the D8xx series laptops to work nearly flawlessly, I have moved to an E6520. I currently have 10.7.3 running pretty decently on it and it's been performing well for over a week now. I used some of the kexts and other fixes designed for the E6420 series to get it going. I finally got shutdown and restart to work using a DSDT designed for another E6xxx series. So here's what I have:

Working: Ethernet, Graphics 1920x1080 including mirroring, all USB ports, web cam, Audio, VGA, Port Replicator (partial), shutdown, restart.

Not Working: Intel wifi (to be expected), sleep, DVI port on port replicator (DVI works fine on the D8xx series replicator), SDHC (card reader), audio from the port replicator.

Tried all the SDHC kexts to no avail but reading SD cards is no high priority to me. I'm hoping to somehow get DVI working on the port replicator and most importantly, sleep. Executing sleep simply locks up the device. Also, when I close the lid when the device is attached to a port replicator, the screen stays on.

Anyone out there mess with the E6520, and if so, what were your experiences like and what do you have working?

Specs from "About this Mac":

Processor 2.49 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA Quadro NVS 4200M 1024 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50b)

Guest songokoussj2

I want to install OSX on my latitude 6520 this weekend. Can you share your files with me?

Thanks

Im also trying to get my e6520 Lat to boot.

I'm currently on 10.7.3 using unifail to Boot (chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded)).

Once i install multifail, I can not get successful boot.

Looking for the most user friendly DSDT if it's out there.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

After successfully getting the D8xx series laptops to work nearly flawlessly, I have moved to an E6520. I currently have 10.7.3 running pretty decently on it and it's been performing well for over a week now. I used some of the kexts and other fixes designed for the E6420 series to get it going. I finally got shutdown and restart to work using a DSDT designed for another E6xxx series. So here's what I have:

Working: Ethernet, Graphics 1920x1080 including mirroring, all USB ports, web cam, Audio, VGA, Port Replicator (partial), shutdown, restart.

Not Working: Intel wifi (to be expected), sleep, DVI port on port replicator (DVI works fine on the D8xx series replicator), SDHC (card reader), audio from the port replicator.

Tried all the SDHC kexts to no avail but reading SD cards is no high priority to me. I'm hoping to somehow get DVI working on the port replicator and most importantly, sleep. Executing sleep simply locks up the device. Also, when I close the lid when the device is attached to a port replicator, the screen stays on.

Anyone out there mess with the E6520, and if so, what were your experiences like and what do you have working?

Specs from "About this Mac":

Processor 2.49 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA Quadro NVS 4200M 1024 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50b)

Do you have a DSDT or VERBATIM instructions on how you got this working. I've been on this a week and getting nowhere. Please help with your wisdom.......Thanks

Do you have a DSDT or VERBATIM instructions on how you got this working. I've been on this a week and getting nowhere. Please help with your wisdom.......Thanks

Attached is the DSDT.aml my system boots from. The issues and what's working are in my first post. I don't think this will work on a unit with an Intel GMA graphics chip. Worth a try though. Please report your results and hope this helps.

DSDT.aml.zip

Attached is the DSDT.aml my system boots from. The issues and what's working are in my first post. I don't think this will work on a unit with an Intel GMA graphics chip. Worth a try though. Please report your results and hope this helps.

Ok, I will try it right now. Thank you. I have the Intel HD 3000 graphics. Is that the same as GMA? And thanks for responding, I have had zero assistance with this so far. Also, how do I switch to the 1600x900 resolution. I don't have your awesome resolution

I installed Lion 10.7 using unifail.

Got the E6520 booted up just fine. I even used "Graphics Mode"=1600x900x32 flag to get the High Resolution while setting up. That works.

I placed the DSDT.aml you posted onto the desktop.

I run multifail and select only UserDSDT option.

The install worked.

Now I reboot and unplug the unifail USB

On reboot, I get a Kernel Panic (System Uptime in Nanosecond blah blah blah) with com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement in Verbose switch

UPDATE:---------------------------------------------------

Yep, I had a kernel panic. Ihad to delete the dreaded AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, To do this I boot into my unifail USB, and enter the terminal.

Typed in:

rm -rf /Volumes/"Your Leopard Partition No Quotes"/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

exit, reboot, and hoped for the best