[SOLVED] E7470 Install Hang

awaismshahzad

Hello. I am in the process of getting Mac OS on my E7470 i7 laptop but the computer hangs before it can display the install screen when booting from USB. The installation gets to "apfs_module_start:1393: load: com.apple.filesystem.apfs. v945.257.7, apfs-945275.7, 2019/08/20" where it starts to hang. Wondering if someone else encountered this and possible solutions. 

IMG_7197.jpg

Current_EFI.zip

Thanks for the heads up for updating the kexts. Will do that. How do I disable trim in the config file as it is going to the NVME my E7470? It that in clover or on the Config file when plugged into the original Mac. 

Also, is there a way to bring up the original EFI partition that comes up as it is not coming up when I plug in the installation USB drive for some reason.

Thank you!

Sounds good I'll go ahead and do that. Thank you so much for making this installation possible. 

Couple questions now that Mac OS is booting up great. Which wifi cards would you recommend using with the e7470 and is it possible to use a USB wifi card as I wait on getting one that works with Mac OS? Also, I'm not getting the battery indicator to work or show up when the laptop is plugged in. Would there be a kext that I might be missing or something I need to install in the post-installation to get that working? Thank you!

• Moderators

I recommend the DW1560 but DW1830 will work too but it needs 3 antennae. You can utilized the 3rd antenna from the WWAN slot which is right next to it so no issue with the length.

USB wifi is fine but might have issue asleep and might need to disconnect and reconnect it. Make sure it's a Mac supported USB wifi, you can consult our support list from here.

No post installation kext for battery, should work right away. I have no issue with Battery status on my E7470. Please post debug file.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, Jake Lo said:

No post installation kext for battery, should work right away. I have no issue with Battery status on my E7470. Please post debug file.

Attached the debug file.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, Jake Lo said:

I recommend the DW1560

Went ahead and ordered it. The USB wifi works great until the DW1560 comes in.

Thank you!

debug_14173.zip

• Moderators

Hmmm, you seem to have different bootpacks packed in here.

1) Reinstall this version of Clover with the following settings

• Install for UEFI booting only
  • Install Clover in the ESP
  • UEFI Drivers\Recommended Drivers
    • ApfsDriverLoader
    • AptioMemoryFix
    • AudioDxe
    • DataHubDxe
    • FSInject
    • HFSPlus
  • Additional drivers
    • PartitionDxe
  • Themes (Optional)
  • Install Clover Preference Pane 

2) Make sure you don't have OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI

3) Remove following kexts in /clover/kexts/Other

• VoodooPS2Controller
  • USBInjectAll
  • NoTouchID
  • SMCBatteryManager.kext and add ACPIBatteryManager.kext or remove FakeSMC.kext and add VirtualSMC.kext

4) Remove kexts from /L/E

• EAPDFix.kext
  • AppleHDA_ALC293.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
  • AppleBacklightInjector.kext
  • FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext

Repair permissions and rebuild cache