[SOLVED] Help Installing Mojave E6420

luiz_mva

Hello everyone, I would like to know if it is possible to install Mojave 10.14.6 on my Dell Latitude E6420, if there is any tutorial, in fact I found a tutorial on youtube from "Nick Silverstein Channel", but my Hack does not work the image when will start the setup screen after installation, it goes into sleep mode and when I turn on the computer again it gives a video artifact, so I can only boot the system using the flag FAKEID = 0x12345678, but the system starts without any video acceleration when i click (on this mac) it recognizes the hd3000 but it appears with only 4mb of video ..
Ps: My Dell is Latitude E6420 with i5 2520M + HD3000 + 1600x900 Resolution

My Report Aida64 [REMOVED]

Tnks Help!

• Moderators

Mojave dropped support for SandyBridge HD3000, but some were able to successfully install with kexts from High Sierra to get full graphics acceleration but experience minor artifacts ever so often.

My recommendation is to stay at High Sierra.

• Moderators

Here's my Clover guide for Legacy system. You can try UEFI but I ran into a lot of issue before succeeding. My bootpack might be a bit outdated

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/8506-dell-latitude-inspiron-precision-vostro-xps-clover-guide/?do=findComment&comment=74275

Hervé has a more updated guide here and updated bootpack.

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/7914-dell-latitude-e6220-with-i5-2520m-hd3000-and-1366x768-lcd-mavericksyosemiteel-capitansierrahigh-sierra/?do=findComment&comment=93138

• Administrators

Let's be honest: Nick Silverstein's so-called Mojave guide for E6x20 is a heap of [censored]! Don't waste your time with it, I'd be surprised if you could even boot the installer with the stuff he posted and actually properly install Mojave. Clearly the guy collected stuff from the Net and made up a so-called guide he must have never used...

I really don't recommend running Mojave on those HD3000 laptops. You only get partial/OpenGL-only graphics acceleration and it requires tricks that are getting more and more difficult to apply. Given that HD3000 graphics have always been a little buggy since El Capitan, I'll too advise to stick to High Sierra. You can refer to my updated E6220 to that effect and re-use the pack I posted. You should only have to set DualLink parameter to 1 (true) in your Clover config to get your HiRes LCD fully supported.

• Like 1