[SOLVED] Help Installing Mojave E6420

luiz_mva

I have another question, if anyone can help me, whenever I turn on the notebook and the system is booted, the sound from the speakers is always louder, it seems that the system is not saving the sound at a certain time, for example, I leave the sound at 50% when I turn on the system again the sound is at 100%, another thing is that the webcam was not installed, someone recommends some kext that works on my Dell E6420

• Administrators

E6x20 were fitted with optional USB-internal webcams of 2 x different vendors and no kexts are neither necessary nor available for them:

1. Sonix Technology
  2. Sunplus Innovation Technology

You can identify your model in SysProfiler->USB.

It was found that the Sunplus Innovation models are supported OOB whilst the Sonix models aren't supported at all. For instance:

• E6220: Sunplus Innovation, ven/dev id = 1bcf:2804, works OOB
  • E6320: Sunplus Innovation, ven/dev id = 1bcf:2980, works OOB / Sonix Technology, ven/dev id = 0c45:6433, unsupported
  • E6420: Sunplus Innovation, ven/dev id = 1bcf:2802, works OOB / Sonix Technology, ven/dev id = 0c45:6437, unsupported

On the other hand, it was found that Sonix models fitted to subsequent E6x30 Series are supported. For instance:

• E6230: Sonix Technology, ven/dev id = 0c45:648b, works OOB