Dell e6520 newbie

alexakos89

Hello everyone ! 

I am trying to Hackintosh my e6520 dell laptop with no luck. 

I tried Catalina with clover, uefi usb stick  with no luck. I tried legacy but It frozes on 1st boot. On uuid thing. I tried all USB ports on laptop. my usb stick is usb 2. This usb stick is working on my main machine that I have Hackintosh too.

I just learned that the support for the current machine stoped at high Sierra. I can live with that. Do you have any guide to follow up ?I know that I have to change my wifi module.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

Here's a Clover guide.

Set your BIOS to AHCI/Legacy/Optimus Enabled

Use the attached files as bootpack, goes into /EFI/Clover after you have install Clover according to the guide / Legacy Mode

Note: The Nvidia is not supported and will be disabled with my attached files. So external connection is not supported either since they are hardwired to the Nvidia card.

E6520_Disabled-NVS_HS.zip

• Thanks 1

There isn't mate. Thats what I'm telling you.

Even if I f3 to show hidden volumes , I see only an EFI volume and boot Mac OS install.

Latest clover , legacy setup , achie mode the EFI that you provided cp inside clover.

I format SSD as APFS. install there. after restart same story. accept licence etc. but the files are copied inside the disk.

• Moderators

can you post your Clover folder for review?

I usually formatted it to GUID/ Journal Extended. The installation will automatically convert it to APFS or if you want to keep it at HFS+, you can do so by issuing the command in my HS guide.