EDP Issue with Lion install

Darvinko

I have somewhat successfully installed Lion 10.7.3 on my D630 Intel 2.2GHz 4GB 1440x900 using MyHack, Simeonoffs DSDT, editing the org.chameleon.plist in the extra of the bootpack and using EDP 2.2. The problem is the I can not access the EDPTool to configure my kexts and Chameleon, and I am forced to boot from my USB each time. Each time I attempt to run EDPTool, I am locked out. It prompts for password, but doesn't allow me to enter it. I have checked DSDT, proper wording (including inserting Graphics info) in chameleon.plist, deleting and reinstalling the modified Extra, using EDP 2.1, nothing works. Any thoughts out there? I also created the Lion boot stick with and without the EDP at the root (using a seperate USB to install) with no success. Most everyting seems to work well with Lion (except sleep and reboot). By the way, keyboard works fine, but no trackpad (USB mouse).

My issue is with the right bootloader and kexts. I have tried both edp 2.1 and 2.2 chameleon installs and my system will not boot after either of them. My keyboard works fine but the trackpad does not. I install the kexts and system will not boot after them as well. Help?

• Administrators

Hi Darvinko / dwdocimo,

Darviko,

Have you tried to boot into your new lion installation in safe mode and running EDP tool from terminal?

dwdocimo,

Have you tried to boot with mach_kernel -v -f after you installed EDP? By the way, whats you laptop's spec?

Cheers!

Sorry for all the replies. I did manage to install the VoodooHDA for audio to get that working then did a rebuild using the kext wizard. I don't understand a whole lot about the mach_kernel -v -f stuff. Can you elaborate on this?

I did the -v -f on startup after installing edp 2.2 and running edptool Will not boot again. Chose 1 for apple trackpad/keyboard, installed sleepenabler, did not choose speedstep. What info do you need from the script. Looks like it errored on the voodooHDA. Is there anyway to install extra folder from backup? AHHHHH!

• Administrators

try rebooting sometimes voodoo hda kp's on first boot or try -v -x also if you have a "backup" extra folder on root of drive you can boot to it using Extra=whatever you called it. and it is case sensitive so if you have caps in the name you need to use em...

Syonagar, Apologies, I've been away for a few days and not near my D630. I had tried both booting in Safe Mode and using Terminal, but with no success. I was able however to delete the AppleHDA kext and install VooDooHDA using Kext Wizard and repairing permissions afterward, restoring audio. I have tried reinstalling everything a few times but still have the issue with EDP, both trying from the extra and through Terminal. Either way I am unable to enter password to access. I'm thinking it might be an issue with DSDT.aml, but am using Simeonoff's, which appears to have been used with success. I'll keep plugging away and if I find the cause, I'll be happy to post it for others. Thanks for your response.

• Administrators

Hi docimo...

To improve system stability, after installing new kexts (like after running EDP), the old kext cache should be rebuild so that the new kexts are loaded on next reboot. If we have not rebuild the old kext cache, we can force OS X to ignore the old kext cache and reload all kexts (including the new kexts) on boot up by using the -f flag from chameleon (ie. mach_kernel -v -f). The -v flag is to hide the gui and show the kernel boot up messages. Sometime, new kexts are not loaded even after using the -f flag until we rebuild the kext cache.

Cheers!