Dell 5591 Help Needed

evy0311

I have a Latitude 5591 that I am wanting to install macOS on.

To start, what is the highest version supported? If I can get mojave going that would be sweet. It is the i7-8850H processor and 620 UHD graphics.  I am not new to Hackintoshing but this laptop is giving me a lot of headaches so i figured i'd look here for help. Does someone have a pre-made config.plist and other files I'd need to be able to boot? Thanks so much@

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

This is a Coffee Lake laptop and, on paper, is therefore compatible with all recent macOS versions and forthcoming Catalina.

You may look at our Latitude 7490 guide for guidance as your model probably bears some similarities.

Awesome, thanks so much.

I started following the guide. It wouldn't boot with the same ACPI patches so I removed them, but when in the installer, my screen has no backlight, and then it flashes for 1 second, and then goes away for 10 seconds, and then flashes again. Any way to fix that or will I need to patch it?

So after doing this, I left the file out you mentioned but it is still doing the screen thing. Except rather than starting the backlight flash at the installer, it is now starting it when i am at the verbose screen with text coming out. Ideas?

It still boots into the installer, but the flashing starts during the verbose output.

I have attached here my ACPI dump from inside of clover pressing F4, not sure if this will help but here it is. Thanks so much!!

origin.zip

Jake, It still seems to be doing it, despite what you told me to do. Anything else I can try? Like i said this is only when im in the installer/verbose mode booting up, everywhere else the backlight works. I am using the files linked in the tutorial for the 7490 from this tutorial here:

Hi! Same thing unfortunately, and I made sure my BIOS settings match the ones you mentioned.

On boot up, the screen seems to turn the backlight off right around the time when multiple lines come through about an ACPI error. Also errors coming through about no sensor found for system fan, etc. I removed the DSDT file like you mentioned. Is there something else i should try?