Dell 5591 Help Needed

evy0311

After trying the older version in clover/kexts/other and in L/E it doesn't seem to be working for me, not recognizing the touchpad in settings or anything, but I remember the latest version worked (just with the glitching issues). Did I do something wrong when installing the kext?

Here is my latest debug dump after installing the version you sent me into L/E and rebuilding cache. 

debug_32090.zip

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

All looks fine. Have you rebooted a few times?

If it still doesn't work, then go back to the latest version.

Your I2C touchpad might be an Alps and it's not fully supported, it'll just be working as a generic mouse.

You'll probably need to get support from the developer to make it more stable.

Okay, good info. For some reason  though with the I2C kexts the gestures and all work, but again it is glitchy. Is it possible to make an Alps work with gestures since they were slightly working? Or would the kext need to be modified?

Also, which kext should i use for alps?

So trying the files from that GitHub repo, it doesn't seem to be working still.

I then installed the Refined ALPS TouchPad driver from this site, and it seems to be working the same as the I2C driver is. 

I don't necessarily need the whole gesture options or anything like that, but is it possible to get this going as just a normal touchpad that behaves like a mouse?

Also, is it possible to buy a different touchpad for this and swap it out that would work like normal? Thanks again

• Moderators

The Refined Alps kext is for PS2 touchpad, not I2C. Installing it only enables the keyboard.

Looks like you'll just have to use an external mouse like Hervé is with this touchpad.

You could google / research to see if a synaptics precision touchpad fits your system like the one on the Precision 5510.