M4800 - no audio

zogthegreat

Hey everyone!

I've been banging my head for the last two days over the audio on my M4800. I've tried every bootpack that I could find and every version of AppleHDA.kext, AppleALC.kext, VoodooHDA.kext and anything else that I can find. Nothing shows in System Information. I'm attaching my EFI, debug and IORegistryExplorer output's.

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 9.29.28 AM.png

debug_17029.zip EFI.zip zogs_MacBook_Pro.ioreg

• Moderators

M4800 has ALC292.

Remove AppleHDA_ALC292.kext from /L/E

Remove VoodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler.kext

Disable the (4) AppleHDA patches in the Config file

Change layout-id to 18 or 12 in Config file and also the DSDT.aml since you have it hardcoded it in, make it matches on both or just change it in DSDT and leave it off in the Config file

Repair permissions and rebuild cache

Hi Jake Lo,

Thanks for the advice. I removed all of the .kext's that I was trying and disabled the (4) AppleHDA patches in the Clover config.plist.

"Change layout-id to 18 or 12 in Config file"

I don't know how to do this. Do you have a link so that I can learn?

"and also the DSDT.aml since you have it hardcoded it in, make it matches on both or just change it in DSDT"

The DSDT came with the bootpack that I'm using. Should I delete it? (I did generate the SSDT.aml).

"and leave it off in the Config file"

Once again, do you have a link on how to do this?

Thanks!

zog

JAKE YOUR A GENIUS!!!

I swapped your DSDT and config into my Clover and rebooted and I have sound! (I did modify the config.plist as recommended).

I didn't apply any patches to the DSDT that I uploaded, I just fixed the errors, (problems with syntax). Should I go ahead and compile?

Thanks again!

(EDIT) I seem to be getting random pops and sound dropping out.

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 2.44.29 PM.png